juit

car goes dead when starting

but the ig switch only has low voltage?

I have a 8 gauge to a fuse box that feeds my stereo, lights, ac fan blower and pertronix coil it, even if it was the switch it shouldnt erease all the memory of the stereo, right?

were are the body grounds on this cars? was trying to look for a engine block ground without succes

i have 1 smal from the batt to the fender the other big one goes to the starting motor

found one that goes to the batt to the block then the starter has one to the starting noid, I dont have the one from the back of the engine :(

Mine bolts to the block just behind the Alternator then across to the frame rail.

took out the one that goes from the engine to the batt and clean it and sand it a, Ill see if that helps or stops doing the fault, that was the only ground that I found on my car i'Il se if I can install a strap later to the chasis , if you have any photos of yours I would really apreciate them

I ground my alternator also but is a 12 gauge I think

Simply place a wire from the eng block clean spot to the firewall clean spot of your choice if your not going to be stock in appearance.

Use 12ga or braided strap again your choice.  Adding a ground from the neg batt term to the rad support is a good idea too.

OK I opened the batt and the hole next to the + was completely dry, I filled up with water and charged the batt let the car run for a while and it was charged, Ill take it later on to walmart so they can run some test on it & replace it if need,