ardenq

315 in the rear?

Who here is running a 315 in the rear of a 69 or 70 I've seen a couple fitting with a litter persuasion in front of the wheel on the inside and curing the lip and fm the bump stop. Obviously rim choice will limit options.

But I've read not all 315's are the sa,e width, is any known to be skinnier

Any input??

315's will like a 11.5" rim +/- .(assuming a 17 or 18 inch wheel) A 295 can be made to fit fairly easy, guess a 315 might squeeze in there, but there will be some major massaging of the inner wheel well. The bump stop will have to be relocated, and the lip will have to be rolled all but flat to the quarter. Rims will dictate how the 315's fit (as you well know)

I am going to run a 335-35-18 on the back of mine, but I have a 2" mini tub, along with a SoT 3-link / coil over setup. They have enough room to work without worrying about hitting anything.  

Once you go past an 11" wide rim for a 17 or 18, hold onto your wallet, (if you haven't already priced custom wheels) 

Look at the different tire stores on line, most will have actual dimensions on different brand of tires, on recommended rim widths.

+1 for everything Lato said.

I was running a 305/35 Nitto Drag radial for a while.  Was running it on an 18X10 bullitt rim, rolled fender lip, messages inner fender and the bump stop clearanced.  It would scrap every now and they on really hard bumps, but nothing terrible.  Nitto's tend to run a bit on the narrow side, but I also didn't like the DR for everyday driving. 

I have since dropped to a 285 on a 18X10.   A little smaller than I wanted, but have no issues now. 

I know there was at least one person on here running a 315 but on a 17 in rim, but can't remember who it was. 

I plan on running a 315/30-19 wheel on my build. I have test fitted a 335/30-18 on the car. It did stick ca 10 mm outside the fender. That was an 12" wide  6.5" backspace rim. I plan on getting a 19"x11.5" or 11" with same backspace but less frontspace for the 315s. But I need to confirm that with an wheelrite tool.

26282202393_54ed6b5ac3_b.jpg

This is the 335/30-18. It looked killer when it was on the ground, but I was so jacked up I forgot to take a picture! This is with the wheel just touching the floor. It came down a little bit, but not so much because the car was so light that the suspension wouldn't settle.

26282199363_c08b882582_b.jpg

Clearence. There was more room on the other side. I need to massage that lip back a bit. This was with the car on the ground.

22142348681_7f572b3ddb_b.jpg

Wheelwell modification. All mounting points of seats and inner trim panels are still at the same locations

21509384274_9df10a13b9_b.jpg

Did not move the bumpstops.

21596763803_596cfe82a5_b.jpg

Of course, running leaf springs will not work.