I bought these clips to fasten the front grill, and my impression is they are just "push in" kind.. Push into the hole and then push the pin down to swell the back side and hold it in place.

I'm having more issue with part 2 of that... The little pins don't want to push in after the clip has been out thru the hole. Anyone have advice on this? Is it just more force required or ?

post-14729-0-75108000-1463342655.jpeg

These things are a little tough.  I put a slight point on one end of the rod, put a little dab of lube on the parts, push the rod into place and I use the butt end of a screw driver and apply max pressure to the rod.  I think I may used a hammer to get it started.  Brian

yeah, thanks for the tip.  I am about to give up on these things.  I've already bent one of the little rods (using the butt-end of a screwdriver), and tried others in other spots and they just do not wanna seem to go in.  The holes are standard 1/4in holes, and it seems right, the way the plug fills the hole (kinda pops into place), but these plastic pins just won't push into the plugs to lock them in place.  I even tried a little lube and taking the leading edge off of one of the rods.  Still just won't go in.  Tapping with a hammer seems like it should work, but it just bounces off and the rod makes no progress into the plug.  IDK, I never figured it would be this difficult.

Thx Bob.  I did a search for this before posting, but was unable to find anything.  I tried again, and I guess I am not using the right search terms.  If you can find a link to the previous thread I would appreciate it.