69mach1build

Difference between manual and power brake pedal suport?

Yes you can, as the supports are the same. The power uses the holes with the grey bushing, and the manual uses the hole in the upper part of the diagonal with the wear/rust/washer mark. Confused now? I am :)

The pedal support are mostly the same but the manual brake pedal also has nutserts crimped in that will allow you to bolt your master cylinder in. The power support does not have these. In your case you will either need to weld nuts in place on your support or trade for a correct manual support

Bob

It's really cam duration/overlap that causes low vacuum issues, but with 600+ lift you probably have a decent amount of duration too. The alternative to going manual brakes would be to install an electric vacuum pump, or go with a hydraboost. Personally I don't care for the electric pumps, wich is why I went with manual brakes. West Coast Classic Cougar sells manual pedals (for both auto and manual transmission cars and last I checked for $50 or less), you can also find them on eBay. You can use an auto pedal but you have to cut it down to fit a manual pedal pad.

What are the duration specs at .050 on your cam?

If in the engine already how much vacuum do you have at idle?

I just did the same thing on my 69 4 speed car. I removed the power brakes because of the big cam in the 427 windsor. I used the power brake pedal support and just used bolts and poly lock nuts inside the car. for a brake pedal I found a manual brake pedal in a 69 Mercury Montego in the boneyard but it was for auto trans. that posed no issues since I just cut the pedal down to the stick pedal size. the pedals then lined up nicely. I also did the bearing conversion that I got from CJ's. One thing I found to do when installing the support and pedals with the bearing conversion is to install the support and do not tighten the firewall bolts untill the pedals are mounted through the bearings. Then go ahead and tighten the firewall bolts. I first tightened the firewall bolts and found that it twisted the pedal support just a hair to the point the clutch pedal would not slide in smoothly. works great now.