My Mach 1

Hydraulic Clutch Install Help!

I'm installing a MDL hydraulic clutch setup for my T5 conversion on my 69 Mach 351w with power brakes.When I look at where the clutch mastercyclinder is going to be located under the hood based on the clutch pedal and linkage location under the dash - it looks like it's going to be at the 5oclock position by the brake booster..no problem but the proportions valve in definitely going to be in the way. I don't have a clutch punch out so I will have to drill the 1 3/16" hole as instructed but what do I do about the proportioning valve? ...What did you guys do to address this?...Help please...Thanks!

Hey 3pedal, from what I've been told that if you have headers the cable setup can be a pain being routed too close to the headers - plus they say it tends to look kinda messy -although some guys have done it. The hydraulic set is apparently smoother and less pedal effort but twice as much.Once I get it done I'll let you know how it went.

This is my American Powertrain Hydraulic clutch pump. I guess it mounts at the same position as the MDL. Clearance to the brake prop valve is going to be thight, but I think there's room.

26592768755_15694cd63b_b.jpg

26500133532_a19db61f4d_b.jpg

Yeah, I have a Ringbrothers billet reservoir, that I haven't installed yet. I wanted to wait with that until the engine was in, and now it is, so I'll have a look at it tomorrow. It'll be higher up on the firewall somewhere, with a line between.

And yes, that is the brake booster. It's an Hydratech hydroboost.

Yeah mine doesn't have the knock out. But I got the pedal and master installed finally. It just clears the prop valve which is perfect. The rest of the conversion now is basically like a clutch job

Refreshing an older post...

How do I position the MDL bracket inside the firewall relative to that little factory dimple?  I don't have much flat space to mount the plate, looks like an edge is going to not be flat in contact with the inside of the firewall.

Thanks,

Nate

Her are some pics of the install on my 69 Coupe.

Clutch master cylinder.

100_1157.thumb.jpg.1990fa0ecb7b01dc72ce7c98992ba3ea.jpg

Linkage from clutch master cylinder to the clutch pedal.

100_1158.thumb.jpg.72677b89b967e0e86c2afcfdaa2bd3c2.jpg

Clutch slave cylinder on the T-5 trans.

100_1159.thumb.jpg.d4b7549cbe068ff4718afdcfdd420aa9.jpg

Remote mount reservoir.

100_1161.thumb.jpg.7d961acff8e458e7078339cec39eb48c.jpg