lancaires

Mach 1 hood paint BLACK ?

I ordered the low gloss black from the Auto Color Library. It is p/n 9432 according to a thread on Concoursemustang.com. I have not tried it, as my car isn't painted yet. I also bought the pinstriping wheel like the ones that was used at the factory from them. 

There's an interesting video on youtube too about the blackout hood paint.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hTnQKPP3XFg?rel=0

I found an orignal Mach 1 hood that was stored in a dealership since 1979.  It had been crunched in the front so it was buckled (sad to say).  But I had my paint shop match the flat back that was on this hood.  Since it was stored for 40 years the color had not faded.  

If the sikkens and other options, dont work out I will asked the shop what specifically they used to match the original color.  Just let me know.  

4 hours ago, ralt962 said:

I found an orignal Mach 1 hood that was stored in a dealership since 1979.  It had been crunched in the front so it was buckled (sad to say).  But I had my paint shop match the flat back that was on this hood.  Since it was stored for 40 years the color had not faded.  

If the sikkens and other options, dont work out I will asked the shop what specifically they used to match the original color.  Just let me know.  

You replied to a question which was from 2 years ago, and which was the OP's only post. He probably won't see the answer, however, this  question  does comes up often. 

This is a 69 hood ,someone cut out the pie cut outs ,I am afraid the paint is pretty bad from setting outside ,the black is flat black with no texture . You may be able to get some of the measurements for the black out if the pics are good enough . I have noticed a lot of cars have the corners painted wrong in the front ,way to round ,it was actually a tighter corner as this one is

20180411_153819.jpg

20180411_153845.jpg

20180411_154037.jpg

20180411_153957.jpg

20180411_154021.jpg

I realize that we are on a old thread but just to throw out some info; Graphic Express has a wide array of hood stencils. I bought one for my painter to use. Looks great. He used a two stage paint on my car and as I recall put a flattening agent in the clear coat over the black. Unsure which black he used but it was Sherwin-Williams. I have the bill in a binder that may have part numbers for the paint. I can look if someone needs that info..   Dave R