rodbrady

WTB - Caged Nut

Or maybe it's cage nut... I'm missing the cage nut that attaches the quarter window regulator assembly to the body at the bottom (374251-S). Anyone have on laying around they would part with? AMK carries them, p/n B-12033, but they have a minimum $30 order. I haven't found them on any of the usual parts sites.

And while I'm asking, I'm also looking for a door lock rod, the one that goes from the key lock to the latch (middle one in attached pic).

post-39071-0-53062400-1460936159.jpeg

post-39071-0-04766400-1460936168.jpeg

The caged nut looks like the fender to cowl (lower edge) nut. I got mine thru NPD.

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/nut_fender_to_rocker_special_captive-102229-1.html

For critical fit parts nos is our best bet, then good used parts. West Coast Classic Cougar (WCCC) is a good source for used parts. His parts aren't cheap and he doesn't give them away, so if you bought an entire car from him in parts you'd have no money left. But a few parts is doable.

post-5441-0-39764600-1461013506.png

I was just reading your post again .If those are the two nuts at the bottom of the slide track for the quarter window  they are a crimped  in nut like the hood hinge nut on the inner fender aprons . You can drill another hole beside the missing nut and slip in a fender clip ,i have had to do that before when i could not weld one in .

And while I'm asking, I'm also looking for a door lock rod, the one that goes from the key lock to the latch (middle one in attached pic).

I've got the top two in your picture (I bought the kit but only needed the bottom one). It's yours if you want it, PM me your address and I'll drop it in the mail.

post-1146-0-60142800-1461022047.jpg

I was just reading your post again .If those are the two nuts at the bottom of the slide track for the quarter window  they are a crimped  in nut like the hood hinge nut on the inner fender aprons . You can drill another hole beside the missing nut and slip in a fender clip ,i have had to do that before when i could not weld one in .

Ridge, this a square hole in the rocker that the bottom adjustment bracket attaches to. See pic.

post-39071-0-52907100-1461538251.jpeg