RPM

A Big Thank You To Ridge Runner!

I just want to publically thank Ridge Runner Jim for saving my arse today. I made a bone head mistake today that I'm embarrassed to even admit. After I told Jim what I did, he says oh, I've done that before. We are blessed to have such a knowledgeable, talented and especially nice guy on our forum. The drive up to his great shop allowed me to view the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains in the Spring. If the drive wasn't good enough, 'Ol Ridge made me a heck of a deal on the parts. On the drive home I was feeling like I need to buy one of his outstanding parts, like maybe a cool hood. Can you make one with a shaker hole and heat extraction vents in it Jim? I wonder how some NACA, louver or such would look? Anywho, I genuinely thank you for your kindness Jim.

.... so what did you do? :D hehe

Gotta stir the pot eh? If you look at a lot of the part numbers on uor Mustangs you'll see an L or an R at the end. Pretty cool as it tells you it is either the right or left part. I read the part numbers on the glue in door glass brackets, and so that I wouldn't glue the part on the wrong side I then wrote down the wrong side on the part. Then I let it sit for a day and a half for the epoxy to cure. Really cure. Cure so well I couldn't remove it. I didn't realize the error of my ways until I was having a tough time attaching the glass to the regulator. DOH! Education is not free.

Gotta stir the pot eh?

Of course! The way I see it, I only beat the other guys in inquiring what you did. In Norway we have a saying that goes "If you say A, you gotta say B". Meaning, if you start a story, you gotta finish it! Don't leave us in suspense! 

Anyway, I would never do that mistake...I've got bolt-in windows! LOL!

if you start a story, you gotta finish it! Don't leave us in suspense!

LOL! I love to stir the pot, and live by verbal subterfuge. Answering a question with a question usually works to avoid answering the original question. I used to regularly remind my kids when interrogating them that they were required to answer with the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I was hoping you guys would get so into what a great guy Ridge is you'd forget about my screw up caused by Old Timers Disease :)

Upon further review...after getting my drivers door glass down from the attic I've discovered it has a 1/2" half circle chip on the top outer edge. Any chance you have a good tinted used one?

All,

I just wanted to let you know I just received two pair of these sail panels from Jim and they are in ever way, exquisite!  Finest fiberglass work I've seen in a LONG time.  Having these in hand has convinced me that any reasonable person would never settle for the crap fiberboard parts unless some concours restoration dictated their use.  These parts are truly top shelf.

So, for Christmas, I need to talk Jim into cranking out a quality flush-fit, tucked rear bumper and I'll be set!  What's out there now is certainly crap!  Hint, hint!

Thanks Jim!

Heck, I'm in for a bumper! Make it 2, front and rear! Sven, If you think his fiberglas parts look great, which they do, you should see his shop set up! Quite impressive, with a major cool factor.

Heck, I'm in for a bumper! Make it 2, front and rear! Sven, If you think his fiberglas parts look great, which they do, you should see his shop set up! Quite impressive, with a major cool factor.

Where is his shop located? I also want to see what he's fabricated, so far I've seen his hood! And I do have to say that it looks stunning