CJC

1969 Mach 1 stripes

what is everyone using for Mach 1 tape stripes? I see they are all over the place on pricing. Some our printed, some are over laid. All claim to be Ford licensed. Any help or direction on whats best and most accurate?  Thanks in advance

The 'Ford licensed' just refers to royalty payments to reproduce the part, or in this case, the font and the term 'mach1', which belong to Ford.

For the stripes, I prefer to get USA made, and 3M quality vinyl.

I bought these off ebay and they were fine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/69-1969-Mach-1-Stripes-Kit-COMPLETE-FORD-LICENSED-/331347409395?var=&hash=item4d25d839f3:m:mNMm_Rfe509H56tb4vrgKOA&vxp=mtr 

Does anyone know if '69 Mach 1 stripes are tapered(taller in the back and shorter towards the front)?

Yes they are.  Keep that in mind when tryin to get them straight.  As for the brand, I use Graphics Express.  Their stripes are actual 2 pieces overlaid and reflective.  Great folks to work with.  Beware the stripes from Mustangs Unlimited.  They may be a few bucks cheaper but the gold in the stripe is a cheesy yellow and its printed on.

I don't like the reflective material, and intend to do custom stripes when I get to the point that the car is ready to have them applied.

Pheonix Graphix said they could do that for me.

I had mine painted on at the body shop when car was painted.  I was never a big fan of the reflective tape as well.  Just a small difference. 

I had mine painted on at the body shop when car was painted.  I was never a big fan of the reflective tape as well.  Just a small difference. 

Awww that's what I've always wanted to do. No more problems with the vinyl curling up or discoloring. Yours look very nice- who did the mask for you?

They did it at the body shop.  Had a local vinyl place make up the mach1 letters then they just measured and taped off the rest.   The strip is black and the middle part that would have been gold in the decal is now body color. 

what is everyone using for Mach 1 tape stripes? I see they are all over the place on pricing. Some our printed, some are over laid. All claim to be Ford licensed. Any help or direction on whats best and most accurate?  Thanks in advance

The original ones reflect gold . the repo ones reflect more silver no company makes the gold ones but i know a guy that does f you want them . they relect a bit more gold then factory but at least its gold

5885d1226975720-14-k-n-air-filter-69-mus