69mach1build

For Sale - Complete fold down rear seat assembly

All you guys need to make a fold down seat out of your stationary seat is the top part of the back seat that flips over and the hinge and the floor platform behind the seat .Everything else is available  .All the mounting holes are there for the fold down .I have made the floor platform out of plywood ,once you carpet it and put the chrome trim on you cant tell the difference .

All you guys need to make a fold down seat out of your stationary seat is...

Great, thanks Jim. You just devalued my fold down seat I was gonna sell ;)

The seats are actually all the same, fold down or stationary .The stationary seat mounts to the floor using the same hinges the fold down uses .The only diff.is the extra L piece that is hinged to the top of the seat back for the fold down seat .It will bolt right on your stationary seat .you just need the chrome trim to finish it off .

Don't suppose you make this top piece do ya? or possibly have an extra laying around?

What covers the seat back to make it smooth when its laid down?

Im going to have to look at my buddies car that has a fold down and see what its all about now

Carpet covers the back .No extra pieces but i have seen the piece for sale .the top fold over piece is metal but i see no reason it could not be made from fiberglass .

What about the black metal piece that goes across the back that can be seen from the trunk?  Or is that what you are talking about?  I've not looked at how these work too closely, but I know my non fold down car does not have this.

69GT350%201984%20TRUNK%20004.jpg

The piece below the trap door ? I have made it out of plywood .The chrome trim screws on the edge just like the metal panel would and when it is carpeted you can't tell the difference .The trap door is also a bolt in ,you just need the clips for the hinges . No doubt having the whole original set up is well worth it if you can get one reasonable ,but you can use what you have to build the fold down if you can't find the complete unit .

All you guys need to make a fold down seat out of your stationary seat is the top part of the back seat that flips over and the hinge and the floor platform behind the seat .Everything else is available  .All the mounting holes are there for the fold down .I have made the floor platform out of plywood ,once you carpet it and put the chrome trim on you cant tell the difference .

And a trap door, and all the various latches/hinges, oh, and all the fiberglass pieces...other than that there is nothing to it!