Sign in to follow this  
69mach1build

Looking for a large Boss 429 Scoop

This is an orig BOSS 429 scoop . You can buy an accurate repo with the flapper and cables in the link below . The Cervini scoop is lower than an "ugly" [the other word is apparently politically incorrect these days] looking boss scoop.

Several places sell a simulated boss 9 scoop without the flapper and cables for around $175.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-1970-FOR-MUSTANG-BOSS-429-HOOD-SCOOP-AND-CABLES-/111494489298?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

1969_ford_mustang_boss_429-pic-304497963

This is an orig BOSS 429 scoop . You can buy an accurate repo with the flapper and cables in the link below . The Cervini scoop is lower than an "ugly" [the other word is apparently politically incorrect these days] looking boss scoop.

Several places sell a simulated boss 9 scoop without the flapper and cables for around $175.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-1970-FOR-MUSTANG-BOSS-429-HOOD-SCOOP-AND-CABLES-/111494489298?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

1969_ford_mustang_boss_429-pic-304497963

Youre saying the ebay auction is an original right?  I wont be forking over that kind of money!  You can see there's a pretty substantial difference between the height in the picture I posted and the one you posted.  Both look good, I'm pretty sure that the one you posted is the scoop size most places have listed.  I did come across this from racingfiberglass.com

pr63opth.gif

pr-63scoopA.jpg

I think this might be my winner.

Many places sell the boss 429 scoop replica and I'm sure they all differ in some way. My brother bought one for his 69 that has a lower height than the normal boss scoop.

For me, its an acquired taste. I don't care for it myself but it fits the Boss 429 personality. I always thought it looked like an after thought as if someone cut the handle off an old coal shovel.