Sign in to follow this  
5literfever

Selling Ac unit

I am interested in the heater box in your photo. I was told by a gentleman at Missouri Mustang the 1969 heater boxes had two different configurations where the spouts came out of the box for the heater core and the A/C. Can you provide a photo(s) of the other side to see how they line up? Thx,

The heater hoses are connected to the heater box completely different in a car with and without AC.  The heater boxes are also completely different.  So Vince, if you want a heater box from a AC car, get it.  If you do not have AC, it is very complicated to install a heater box from a car with AC. In that case, get  a heater box from a non-AC car.  They are cheap and common.

I finally received my used lower heater box last week. Colorado Mustang had both versions that were used for a/c equipped Mustangs in 1969. Seems the configuration I was looking for was changed sometime in early 1969. My horse was built in January. Thx