Sign in to follow this  
po51

IDIDIT column

I ordered a new tilt wheel column for my 69 (6'3" 230, need all the room I can get) they says "Do not use other year steering wheels on this column as it will cause damage to the turn signal switch" I don't have a Rim Blow steering Wheel has anyone installed a Grant after market wheel with the adapter on the IDIDT column?

Po51,

I am building a '69 Mach 1 of my own, and I was planning to buy the IDIDIT steering column and a Flaming River Cascade steering wheel. I have the same questions as you about the wheel, adapter, and problems... please post your results and let me know what you learn. Good luck, bro!

Talked with IDIDT Tech support they do not have an adapter for the Ford splined column to use non stock wheel, Talked with Tech for Grant according to them their 3294 adapter will work on the IDIDT column with the Ford spline to install Grant steering wheels. I don't know about Flaming River.

I finally figured out that the Flaming River wheel on the Ididit column is a no-go. I had to send back the Ididit and order a Flaming River just so I could use the steering wheel I wanted. What I learned from this was:

1) Call some tech support reps and ask questions before buying things like this

2) Ididit columns seem more expensive at first glance than the Ididit, but they actually are less expensive than the Flaming River because they come ready to go, even the powder coat or polish, while the FRs require a separate installation kit, then paint, then some adapter to mount your wheel...

3) The FR beats out the Ididit as far as wheel options, go, though