po51

Throttle Cable

I have a Edelbrock Air Gap intake with a Holley 4150 Carb Putting the engine in soon, will I need a after market longer throttle cable as the carb will sit higher or is there enough adjustment in the cable to compensate for the difference?

You have to assess the amount of slack after fitting.  If your engine has a rough idle or moves around a lot when running you need more slack so it does not affect throttle during cornering, acceleration etc.  Pretty sensible stuff.

Cable is more forgiving than the rod assemblies, of course.  Likely you will be ok.  Depends on your current set-up.

I have a Edelbrock Air Gap intake with a Holley 4150 Carb Putting the engine in soon, will I need a after market longer throttle cable as the carb will sit higher or is there enough adjustment in the cable to compensate for the difference?

Looking at an older post I think I've seen you're running a 408 so things won't be exactly the same as my setup, but I have 347 with an Air Gap RPM and a 4150.  I went through several different brackets trying to get the factory cable to work.  It didn't.  The sheath or covering was too long because the bracket was always further toward the firewall than stock.  So it would bend in really funny ways and bind up unless I used really strong springs.  This made it really hard to control the throttle response.

So I bought this kit.  It is a little expensive but very adjustable.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/lok-dp-1000ht36/overview/

The bracket is easy to adjust, the springs have a nice feel.  I cut the covering down a bit (be careful to read the direction on how to do this I almost ruined it by not having the bezel around the braided covering).  Then instead of using the inner cable and cutting it to fit, I cut the carb end of the stock inner cable off, pulled it through the lokar cover, and attached the universal end.  I did that because I really didn't like the way the Lokar inner cable worked with the stock pedal and wanted to use the stock fitting.

Anyway this is how I did it.  There are also matching cables for a tranny kick down if you have an automatic but I just used the stock bar.  That hooks up to the Holley just fine.

The original throttle cable will work.  It is more than long enough.  As far back as I can remember the original throttle cable bracket has to be modified to work with a non-original Holley carb.  You are going to have to cut and weld on the bracket to make it work.  NPD now offers a bracket advertised to work with Holley carbs.  I have never tried one.

That bracket should work, in your previous post you said it hit the arm, your putting the bracket over (above) the pump arm right? Try putting a washer between the bracket and the carb base if it rests on the arm.

A pic with it installed showing where/how it interferes would be helpful. Since the pump arm moves down when activated and the bracket is above it, the only interference I can visualize is the bracket resting on the arm. As stated above a washer between the bracket and the carb base would solve that. Pictures please.

Thx Randy.

On 3/2/2016 at 12:18 PM, Brian Conway said:

Mounts to the two rear carb. mounting studs located on the intake manifolds carb. pad.  For use with the stock or repro 69 accelerator cable. Brian

post-33155-0-28946500-1456942631.jpg

post-33155-0-59410400-1456942659.jpg

Mr Brian Conway 

what brand throttle cable bracket is this, I’ve been searching with no luck, Thanks