edwards54

Best Seatbelt option

I am looking to install a good 3 point seatbelt in my 1969 fastback.  I would love to hear what worked well for you and what you would recommend. I of course would love something that uses the factory holes but I am not sure if it's out there.

Thanks,

Bob

Scott Drake offers a 3 point belt with original style buckles that are available through Summit Racing.  I tried them in my 69 Mach 1.  They looked good but the retractor is larger than the stock unit and wouldn't allow the seat to go all the way back.  That might not be an issue on Mustangs without deluxe interior seats, I don't know.  For my height I need the seat all the way back to drive it so I returned them and reinstalled the original seat belts.  There are several members here that have relocated the retractor from the stock location.  Maybe they will chime in.

I used these

http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/resebe.html

Overall they are good. Used the factory bolt holes and bolts. I probably should have done the sash longer as it can be a bit of a pain to click in since my seat is fairly far forward. Also, when pulling from the retractor, you have to be slow and easy or it will lock.

Overall I would recommend.

Scott Drake offers a 3 point belt with original style buckles that are available through Summit Racing.  I tried them in my 69 Mach 1.  They looked good but the retractor is larger than the stock unit and wouldn't allow the seat to go all the way back.  That might not be an issue on Mustangs without deluxe interior seats, I don't know.  I returned them and reinstalled the original seat belts.  There are several members here that have relocated the retractor from the stock location.  Maybe they will chime in.

Yes I purchased these as well . I had to move the mounting point for the retractor further back as they are bigger than stock as Mach 1 stated. I would think that whatever retract you use you will run into the same issue unless your seats are moved forward all the time. Very happy with them but I do recommend a drop link .

I used these

http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/resebe.html

Overall they are good. Used the factory bolt holes and bolts. I probably should have done the sash longer as it can be a bit of a pain to click in since my seat is fairly far forward. Also, when pulling from the retractor, you have to be slow and easy or it will lock.

Overall I would recommend.

I too used these but went with the chrome buckles for that funky throw back airplane kinda look.

post-5441-0-43262900-1456284696.jpg

post-5441-0-71239500-1456284707.jpg

post-5441-0-33972100-1456284723.jpg

post-5441-0-71613000-1456284734.jpg

I used the belts from a 1985 Ford LTD ( I think).  They are almost identical to what RPM has,  I have posted photos in previous similar discussions on this.  Cost me $20 for both sides, works perfect. So if you are interested in a low cost option, this works perfectly.  It does require some footwork to locate them, and then there is always the issues with buying any used products.   Search for my previous post and you can see how I put them in my vert.  I can get you more info if you want to consider this route.   I know others have used the belts from certain Ford Trucks, they also work quite well.

I used 3 point belts from Juliano's. Work and fit great, FMVSS approved and assortment of colors. No drilling. Matching lap belts for the rear seat. Somewhere on their website there is, or used to be, pictures of their belt being installed in a '69 sportsroof.    Dave R.

I ordered mine from seatbelt planet.com. They are based out of Oklahoma City and are owned by beams which is the same brand nearly everyone online sells but at a higher markup. They have a wide variety of colors and they build them how you want them. I got non retractable 3 points with the wrinkle black finish on the buckles so they look similar to originals at first glance. If I recall correct my entire set of 4 for my very was less than $200 shipped. If you call them and ask about their online discount codes they may give you one. They gave me one for 15% or 20% off I can't remember which.