rwcstang

Fuel Neck Filler Mods?

Ok ... so far got 4 interested one being an Aussie.   

I will check with my local USPS to see what kind of hoops I have to jump through to ship to Australia as well as the cost.   As many of you that are on this site, maybe a few could band together and I'd just ship ONE package over which could save some $$.

If we can get 5 more commitments (9 total) I will order them up.

Thanks,

Doug 

2 hours ago, stangs-R-me said:

Ok ... so far got 4 interested one being an Aussie.   

I will check with my local USPS to see what kind of hoops I have to jump through to ship to Australia as well as the cost.   As many of you that are on this site, maybe a few could band together and I'd just ship ONE package over which could save some $$.

If we can get 5 more commitments (9 total) I will order them up.

Thanks,

Doug 

I am after two at this stage, so I have sent them an email to see if they will post to Australia. I see they have Paypal, which would suit me better. 

14 minutes ago, Shep69 said:

Maybe start a new thread Doug.

You may get some more interest. This one has been around for a while and people may not have opened it to see what you have done.

mark

Yes, I'll likely do that eventually, but I'm already up to 7 requests so not bad for a little over 24 hours since my post.

17 minutes ago, unilec said:

I am after two at this stage, so I have sent them an email to see if they will post to Australia. I see they have Paypal, which would suit me better. 

I notice you and Shep69 are both in Perth ... do you two know each other and could I send a compo shipment to just one of you ??

Doug

23 hours ago, stangs-R-me said:

Yes, I'll likely do that eventually, but I'm already up to 7 requests so not bad for a little over 24 hours since my post.

I notice you and Shep69 are both in Perth ... do you two know each other and could I send a compo shipment to just one of you ??

Doug

Doug,

I don’t know  Unilec.  I’m happy either way. Maybe get a couple of shipping prices , all together and seperate. 

Mark

FWI, I have just received an email from filler neck supply and they do not post outside the USA, so back to square one.

Im sorry Neil; our liability insurance will not allow us to do business overseas. 

Sales: Dustin Squires 
Filler Neck Supply Co.

10020 E Montgomery Ave

Bldg #2

Spokane Valley Wa 99206

www.fillernecksupply.com

Phone 888-239-8833

28 minutes ago, unilec said:

FWI, I have just received an email from filler neck supply and they do not post outside the USA, so back to square one.

Im sorry Neil; our liability insurance will not allow us to do business overseas. 

Filler Neck Supply Co.

10020 E Montgomery Ave

Bldg #2

Spokane Valley Wa 99206

www.fillernecksupply.com

Phone 888-239-8833

So does this mean your not going to want two of the crimped down ones from me ??

Let me know,

Doug

46 minutes ago, unilec said:

Filler Neck Supply Co.

10020 E Montgomery Ave

Bldg #2

Spokane Valley Wa 99206

www.fillernecksupply.com

Phone 888-239-8833

Whats that about. Sounds like they won't stand behind their product.  If anything this is a safety issue that im addressing . Im sick of getting fuel blowing out the tank onto my car while refuelling. I can't wait to get this mod done.

3 hours ago, stangs-R-me said:

So does this mean your not going to want two of the crimped down ones from me ??

Let me know,

Doug

Hi Doug, yeah I would be looking for two filler necks, but not crimped, just as they come from supplier.

7 hours ago, unilec said:

No idea, first time I have come across this.

This is just a guess, but I would assume they have a lot of  government compliance they have to go through selling primarily fuel related auto/industrial equipment parts vs niche hobby restoration parts.  There is probably a lot of liability involved.  My guess is they have had issues in the past or great concerns in this area; probably why they would have the type of insurance they do.  Just a guess, but the US is a pretty litigious place.  So since they probably aren't interested in entering the Austrian market they most likely just have a policy to turn down small purchase requests as the liability of getting sued is well beyond the small earnings potential.  Especially if they haven't got through any compliance testing for foreign markets.

This looks like a good working solution and I am tired of spilling gas everywhere... please count me in, I'd like one.  Thank you for all the hard work you've done to post this information and help everyone out.

david

So far I've got 10 interested, but 3 are international shipments (1 for Shep69 & 2 for unilec) which are questionable whether or not I should get involved with now that I know the stance of the mfr. on their product used outside of the US market.

here is the USA list:

Mach1 Driver (1 insert)

MN69Grande (1 insert)

rwcstang (2 inserts)

Mike65 (1 insert)

moodster (1 insert)

RPM (1 insert)

Anyone I missed ??   Just need 2 more USA requests and I'll send everyone a PM with payment info to get the ball rolling.

Thanks everyone,

Doug 

2 hours ago, stangs-R-me said:

So far I've got 10 interested, but 3 are international shipments (1 for Shep69 & 2 for unilec) which are questionable whether or not I should get involved with now that I know the stance of the mfr. on their product used outside of the US market.

here is the USA list:

Mach1 Driver (1 insert)

MN69Grande (1 insert)

rwcstang (2 inserts)

Mike65 (1 insert)

moodster (1 insert)

RPM (1 insert)

Anyone I missed ??   Just need 2 more USA requests and I'll send everyone a PM with payment info to get the ball rolling.

Thanks everyone,

Doug 

Cmon Doug. Just send them over . It’s going on a US made car so what’s the issue. I’m gonna get one either way . 

8 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Me too if it wasn't obvious from my offer to donate an old neck for testing.  

I've now added you to the list.   

After seeing the condition of my original 49 year old / 150k+ mile neck off the car and up close, I'm thinking this mod is best to do to a new neck since they can be found for less than $30.   There was a little corrosion inside mine and the flange was somewhat tweaked ... I don't think this effected the cap's ability to seal though, but am still glad I used a new one for the mod. 

Per the PM I just got from Mark (Shep69), it does not sound like it is too big of a deal for me to ship parts down under as he has family in the states shipping car parts to him all the time.   He and Neil (unilec) sound like they are OK with me combining their shipment and Mark said if I want to further distance myself from the transaction I could ship to his relation here in the US and they will forward onto him possibly with other car parts.   

I will contact everyone via PM within the next few days for payment info.

ALSO ... If you buy more than ONE insert, I will pass along the postage savings and knock $5 off the price of each additional insert:

1st insert $29 shipped 1st Class USPS ... additional one(s) in same shipment $24 each.

Thanks,

Doug

6 minutes ago, SM69Mach said:

If its not too late, can you add me to the list?

Thanks
Scott 

Your now on there ... thanks,

Those of you on the "LIST" make sure your mailbox is "not full" as I will be sending out payment PM's Thursday or early Friday so I can get order into fillernecksupply Friday afternoon. 

Doug

Not being at all familiar with 71-73 Mustangs, I did not list them as possible candidates for this mod.   Well, just saw a replacement '71-73 neck on CJP and on the one side profile picture they have it appears that there is some sort of insert inside the tube from the bottom already.   Did some searching and found a used one on ebay with multiple pics and it is a "U" shaped piece welded inside that goes about 2/3 of the way up the neck that you can see down it inside the top opening.   So this insert mod is definitely NOT an option for '71-73.

Doug   

UPDATE:

Just heard from fillernecksupply and was told their inventory must have been off as they currently have NONE in stock.   So my 16 pc. order just switched to "pending".   They do have 2000 pc. on order and they will let me know when they have an ETA.

The 3 of you that sent me PayPal already do you want me to refund, or just sit on it ??

Thanks,

Doug