Sign in to follow this  
jmilchling

1969 Fastback EFI Build Suspension Help

Hello All,

I am in the process of swapping drivetrains and upgrading breaking and suspension. I thought maybe I could throw out some of my thoughts and get some good input from this great forum.

transplanting a supercharged V3 89 fox body EFI in with new painless harness, 5 speed (already have the modern driveline parts)

5.0 aluminum heads, Vortech V3, injectors, intake etc.

going to use an tanks inc, EFI in tank pump (still don't know what size to get)

The car has non power drum all the way around. I thought now might be a good time to upgrade the brakes and suspension. I am on a somewhat tight budget, but will be doing the work myself. I know they sell the R&P kits with disc brakes using the Mustang 2 suspension platform, but have heard mixed feelings about it. originality isn't important to me.

My plans for the car are to have it lowered roughly 1-2" 17" wheels, be a great driver, and capable of occasionally doing an autocross or even the 1/4 mile.

so I guess I am asking, what is the most cost/performance effective way to upgrade brakes and suspension for these cars? I know that hotchkis TVS kit is supposed to be nice.

pics to come

thanks!

Joe

The one good thing about suspension and brakes for our cars is that there are plenty of options.  I used upgraded mine to all bolt on upgrades and used the Suspension and brake kit from Shaun at Street or Track.  It goes far beyond what I needed and use the car for, but wanted something that I would not have to worry about in the future.  I would call a couple of companies and check out their offerings as well.  They do try to sell you their stuff, but most will give you options depending on what you are going to use the car for and budget.

I could not be happier with my set up from SoT and would recommend him and his products to anyone.  I spent a lot of time on the phone with him before buying anything and we talked through all the options and what they all meant for my set up. 

My car is lowered quite a bit and have no ride quality issues at all and cars rides great.

Good luck with whatever you decide. 

Like SM said I have heard nothing but good things about SoT. For our build I ended up contacting John @ Opentracker and couldn't be happier. To refresh the whole suspension and get 1.5-2" drop we ended up going with their full roller suspension kit and the service and quality of parts have been outstanding. We basically had the entire kit delivered to our door withing 4 business days. http://opentrackerracing.com/product/street-performance-full-suspension-kit-with-bilstein-sport-shocks-level-2-1967-1970/