RobotMan

My Son Mike's 69 Mach 1 Restoration

3 hours ago, Machspeed said:

2 hours ago, stangs-R-me said:

My brother had a Winter Blue convertible ... it looked OK and I've seen pic's of Winter Blue Mach 1's and it looks better with all the black accents but don't think I could go with it.   Always thought Acapulco Blue was nice but saw a 1969 Mach 1 over the weekend in this color at the Sturgis Mustang Car Show and it seemed kinda dull. 

Saw a few Lime Gold cars at the show too (my cars original color) so I was able to show my wife & sons that vs. the Calypso Coral they've only known it as.   No '69's, but both a '67 & '68 Shelby and one looked to be original paint.    So imagining this color with Mach 1 black accents, I think it might be a sharper looking combo than either Winter or Acapulco Blue. 

Anyway ...  I think your son made a wise choice with the flashier blue !!

Doug

Thanks. He is excited with how it turned out for sure!

32 minutes ago, Machspeed said:

Indeed, nice picture! Nice shop too. Can I ask how big it is? When I built my home, I also built my shop. I thought 24x26 would be big enough, but I'm tripping allover stuff.

Front room is 30x40. Back room where compressor and parts shelves is 10x40. Total footprint  40x40. 

2 hours ago, RobotMan said:

Thank goodness for a rotisserie while installing the one piece headliner. Gravity is a wonderful thing. The MTF headliner installed nicely and looks really nice completed. Should give my son some valuable extra headroom  

0B92FFFA-F981-49DC-98A5-E5854B9F2A52.jpeg

ha, great idea!

11 minutes ago, mustangstofear said:

Now that's the way to  install a  headliner:)

Yes allowed me to take my time and align, mark, and drill holes without constantly dealing with it falling and clamping. Kept putting screws and bolts in place as I got them done. 

12 minutes ago, mustangstofear said:

We install a  layer of  Hush mat, then glue a 1/2 piece of  good quality carpet padding to it. Makes a huge difference in sound.

Car has been sprayed with lizard skin during paint. But will take under consideration. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Machspeed said:

No better looking wheel than the Magnum 500....car looks great! I keep contemplating that Mustang's To Fear headliner for my build too. Rich, you ever put that on sale....lol!

Thanks for the compliment. I had to do something to get as much headroom as possible for my son as he is currently 6'6".