RobotMan

My Son Mike's 69 Mach 1 Restoration

OUCH! Never heard of anyone having an ankle replaced. Nothing better than seeing a youngster working on an old car, love it! You gotta be proud of those boys of yours.

Looking like a pretty solid car too. Any surprises after some blasting?

My Dad never went to this level with me as a kid but I'll never forget helping him sand panels or pass spanners.

As usual there are a few surprises. The rear of the car has been wrecked and the rear frame rails are not in the right place. Also some very poor repair work. So I am going to build a jig to put new frame rails in the correct locations using another car. That will take some extra time but will be worth it to get the rear part of the car started to a correct reference.

If this turns out anything like the Candy Apple Red Mach, and I have no reason to doubt that, those will be two beauties sitting side by side. You pulled off an incredible restoration with that CA Mach. Looking forward to the transformation of this one.   

Thanks for recognizing our hard work. Mike and his brother Alex have already talked about going out driving the blue and red Machs side by side. That will be quite a day!  Wonder if they will ever test to see which is faster when dad is not around?

9 hours ago, RobotMan said:

Thanks for recognizing our hard work. Mike and his brother Alex have already talked about going out driving the blue and red Machs side by side. That will be quite a day!  Wonder if they will ever test to see which is faster when dad is not around?

I would bet on it!