dlinebar

How much HP am I making now

Hello all, I just finished the last of my power adders and was wondering how much HP some of you experts think I should have now. I had a stock 302 with a 2 barrel carb single stock exhaust. I changed to an Edlebrock 4 barrel 650 carb , Edlebrock performance aluminumintake manifold, Tri Y headers, 2 1/4 inch dual exhaust with an H pipe and Magnaflow straightthrough flow mufflersicon1.png.

I was wondering about how many more ponies I should have now.

Thanks!

It's definitely breathing better now, but it may not be a huge improvement from the driver's seat feel.  If you want to get the most out of your new parts, look into a cam swap and some good flowing heads to compliment your new pieces, and you'll see a huge difference.  The stock heads may be acting as a bottleneck.

you will get more power if you set your timing curve so it is optimal for your enbgine . . more compressiomn would also helpp because yours is low . . a bigger cam will make it slower . yupslower unless it increasersd lift only which can be done by installing higher ratio rocker arms. . you will also get more power and tunability for power if you get rid of that eddy carb and buy a 600 cfm annular booster type carb.

Thanks all I was hoping for 400 HP... (kidding) Also the engine is a fresh rebuild so I assume the stock HP was 220-230 so now guess I am at 260-270 which is Ok, I am not sure how much I want to mod the internals, its a driver not a racer I just wanted a little more umph.. I have other work to do on the car and will live with this until I get done some other stuff and feel the need for more speed....I would guess if I do anything it would be a cam, and then heads...THANKS!