Ridge Runner

What vintage Mustang parts should Scott Drake make next ?

I was just asked this question .

65 -68 is pretty well taken care of and 71-73 is coming along .69-70 seems to be over looked .My reply was ...A pillars for 69-70 convertible along with the header above the windshield. Trunk divider between the trunk lid and convertible top .The under structure for the trunk divider the divider attaches to and the trunk hinges mount to for convertible .And most of all ..The rain gutter around the back area where the top folds down . I hope these parts will be next on the list because they are really needed .Any one think of any other parts we need made for 69 -70 ? They are asking !

I'm trying to remember the parts I had trouble finding when my car was being restored and the only thing that really comes to mind was that Knob/Bezel piece for the headlight switch... but I think that's being made now and sold by Kentucky Mustang.

What about an original looking tachometer gauge for the deluxe interior?  Is that reproduced by anybody?

Bumper's That Fit Right. All Years.

I can agree to that, also exterior chrome trim that actually fits and doesn't bend/break when your barely touching it. Scott Drake need to take notes from Daniel Carpenter, ill pay for the extra money for good quality parts, lol 

I believe the hole for the clutch pedal is already in the bracket .The standard brake pedal and clutch pedal mount in the same hole .The power brake pedal is mounted higher but the clutch stays in the same location .

That is correct does not matter if disk or drum....you may have to trim the brake pedal a little though

Since its a hot topic right now (see cockpit ventilation), how about the B pillar flow through vents- none are currently made  with the flapper valve, and used parts are practically nonexistent. I know I would put them on my 69 even though it didn't come with them.

I believe the hole for the clutch pedal is already in the bracket .The standard brake pedal and clutch pedal mount in the same hole .The power brake pedal is mounted higher but the clutch stays in the same location .

That is correct does not matter if disk or drum....you may have to trim the brake pedal a little though

Thanks, after my trip to miami and saving a few checks, im going to go with modern drivelines kit and install it. 

Yes I am Michael. I bought one of their overpriced units. To top it off, the tool used to tighten the oem retainer doesn't fit the Kentucky Mustang repop as the recess area is way too small in all dimensions. I replied to an email they sent me to review it, which i did. Haven't heard back from them in over a week.

Yes I am Michael. I bought one of their overpriced units. To top it off, the tool used to tighten the oem retainer doesn't fit the Kentucky Mustang repop as the recess area is way too small in all dimensions. I replied to an email they sent me to review it, which i did. Haven't heard back from them in over a week.

That's too bad, I knew it was a fairly new part they started making.  I remember having to find 2 or 3 of them at swap meets before I found one I could use that wasn't completely stripped.

btw, there is a tool for this?  What does it look like?  I remember using my hand and a screwdriver I think.

Ya, most folks use something not made for it which buggers up the plastic slots. I turned down the o.d. of the tabs, but they are also too thick to fit the slots in the retainer recess. The tabs on the tool need to be about .050 thick and I'm not sure if they'll withstand the tightening without breaking. Maybe I'll try some snap ring pliers to tighten it.

post-5441-0-96246100-1456444604.jpg

post-5441-0-99670300-1456444663.jpg

How about a fuel filler neck with as modern flapper inside ... so we don't have to try and come up with something ourselves (see thread in main tech forum).

Don't know if you can still buy leaded gas anywhere with the larger nozzle; if so it should be able to accept the old leaded nozzle dia. as well.

Doug 

Should be easy enough for them but Grande Stripes are a good thing. I have a NOS set but i dont think the adhesive would be any good. I was planning to get them reproduced by a graphics shop when the time comes. 

mump_0901_07_z%2Bmump_0901_1969_mustang_