Raven R code

Aquarius is on the way!

On 1/29/2016 at 12:53 AM, Raven R code said:

So the clock opening was plated nicely but the bottom 1/3 of the opening was totally missed by the painter. Without hesitation they issued a return shipping label. The company is http://www.vacuumorna-metal.com . They use the same process that Ford used when originally plating the plastics. They now use better prep chemicals and better clear protectant . It was $193 to restore the gauge pod plastic and $135 for the clock side.

Did they also repainted the rest of the cluster, like the inner black part between those two chrome rings? Or was it just the plating? 

Thanks for helping out. I am looking to restore mine on the 428 too.

martin

4 hours ago, momentum said:

Did they also repainted the rest of the cluster, like the inner black part between those two chrome rings? Or was it just the plating? 

Thanks for helping out. I am looking to restore mine on the 428 too.

martin

Hi, 

They painted all the rings so it was ready for me to pop the gauges back in.

Yeah....the divorce delay got in the way! Lol. All is good and we remain good friends. 

It it is good to be back!

PS: I incorrectly installed windshield last year and had it removed and installed professionally today. 3 people (professionals) refused to take out my carlite glass. They were all gung-ho until they came and saw the condition of the car.....they all said it couldn’t come out without cracking. The last guy with 31 years experience got it out in one piece.