Raven R code

Aquarius is on the way!

Sweet! Decide on stripe colors yet?

Going wth Red. Hoping Marti Auto would start producing their stripes again. Supposed to be correct and as close to original as possible. Not sure of any other vendors that produce the stripe with the gold overlaid on top.

So how are things coming Dave ? In case you haven't found out yet, I phoned Marti awhile back and was told that the company that made the stripes for them went bankrupt , so they on a search for another supplier.

I recently called and heard the same thing! Now as for stripes, I heard NPD carries some nice ones.

So....car is done with paint! 3 coats of black and 5 coats of clear. Sanded between 2nd and 3rd coats of clear and then sanded again between 3rd and 4th coat....5th coat apples right away over the 4th. Once engine is in and running, we will put front clip on and cut and buff to 3200 grit. Glass should be in this week.

So gett'in down to the nitty gritty in the paint dept. Gonna paint the engine bay, suspension and shaker scoop in antique flat black from Chassis Saver. The blackout hood option is going to be sprayed with SEMS hot rod black (with a drop of flattening agent. 

Anyone go go that Route?

On 4/3/2017 at 9:35 PM, Raven R code said:

So gett'in down to the nitty gritty in the paint dept. Gonna paint the engine bay, suspension and shaker scoop in antique flat black from Chassis Saver. The blackout hood option is going to be sprayed with SEMS hot rod black (with a drop of flattening agent. 

Anyone go go that Route?