Raven R code

Aquarius is on the way!

They should call it "Less Dust Blasting" as the spray goes everywhere. It does a good job, just make sure you get it dry as the rust inhibitor in the water solution isn't all that great, least from my experience.  Good luck getting all of it out of the frame and crevices as the wet media sticks like glue. 

Looking good!

Just purchased KBS top coat in flat for the Black out hood option. It is a very flat (true) black. It has great cleanup properties and resists fading. You can get a discount by clicking the link: http://kbscoatings.refr.cc/6DV6W98 . Also looking into satin chassis saver for the engine compartment and possibly the shaker scoop. It is a few weeks before the paint goes on and will post pictures at that time. It's been a trying time looking for the correct hood paint and engine compartment paint with correct color and sheen (and durability). I plan to test spray a few other products and document my findings. I also want to put a list of parts and their correct finish for future reference.

Dave

Project has ground to a halt! Driver side door is not playing nice. Having to consider repairing the original drivers door. It will require the typical lower corner patch and replacing part of the bottom folded edge (where is puffed out. The door has never been in salt conditions but it did sit outside for some time.

Just purchased KBS top coat in flat for the Black out hood option. It is a very flat (true) black. It has great cleanup properties and resists fading. You can get a discount by clicking the link: http://kbscoatings.refr.cc/6DV6W98 . Also looking into satin chassis saver for the engine compartment and possibly the shaker scoop. It is a few weeks before the paint goes on and will post pictures at that time. It's been a trying time looking for the correct hood paint and engine compartment paint with correct color and sheen (and durability). I plan to test spray a few other products and document my findings. I also want to put a list of parts and their correct finish for future reference.

Dave

KBS flat didn't work as advertised! It marked up very easily much like the original black out hood paint. Oh well.....on to the next flat option.