Raven R code

Aquarius is on the way!

So... Aquarius is her name....smok'in tires is her game!

Starting to make some progress so the project progress begins. She is a rough but solid and rustfree, She came to me with 3,100 original miles and came very complete and original. She is an original triple black Mach 1, 428CJ coupled with a close ratio 4 spd. I am leaning toward Gulfstream Aqua though, especially since she gets hot without AC and after reading an article about how the ford designers never intended the 69 Mach 1 to be black (hence the reason black was a special ordered color), Their vision was to have the black accents highlighted by bright colors. 

Pictures are courtesy of the Tachman (Gary). He went through everything. Calibrated and repaired everything. 

post-38628-0-99935600-1452140412.png

post-38628-0-41198200-1452140429.png

Plans?.....Well....Rustfree car....I think my plan is just to do paint and bodywork. No rotisserie here bc the underside is very clean and my plan is to keep patina and original undercoating intact. Going to install a rear spoiler on a repo trunk lid (although I do have a second original trunk lid laying around). Originally had rear window slats, so those will go back on. The only thing not original to the car (besides some sheetmetal) in the last 25 years (aside from KYB shocks, Hoses and belts) was the Radio Shack cassette deck. Getting the original AM converted to FM/MP3 with that Aurora FMR-1 upgrade. 

......then I'm going to terrorize Cudas and Camaros.....maybe even some Chevelles!

Ladies and Gentleman....I present to you!..... the last tinted factory fastback door glass! This is the last one in the country (possibly the world) that is.....a carlite (in white logo)....has factory ford brackets glued on at ford....and has the SS channel with rubber seal. I found it when buying a new Carlite windshield from a supplier. He couldn't believe he found it. Not only did this guy remember the part number for the glass, he said the last time he sold one was 35 yrs ago. 

post-38628-0-24999400-1453154543.jpg

The Rimblow Buddy called to inform me that my steering wheel is in its final stages and will be ready to ship on Monday. I went with him because he is the only one that puts the woodgrain back on the wheels. He sent the following pictures....I will post more pictures when I get it back.

post-38628-0-67463000-1453251057.jpg

post-38628-0-84379400-1453251124.jpg

So the clock opening was plated nicely but the bottom 1/3 of the opening was totally missed by the painter. Without hesitation they issued a return shipping label. The company is http://www.vacuumorna-metal.com . They use the same process that Ford used when originally plating the plastics. They now use better prep chemicals and better clear protectant . It was $193 to restore the gauge pod plastic and $135 for the clock side.

Ordered the Black Mach 1 stripe from MartiAuto. A bit pricey but as close to original as you can get. A few key points....the gold is closer to original than any other and is overlaid on the stripe (like original) and the reflective angle has a wider spectrum than other repo's.

Just back from the Rimblow Buddy. Nate said it is one of the best they have done. He took pictures before sending it back and will be using it on the website.

Ha, thats funny he told me the exact same thing (I don't think it ever happened) Also a note , I see you got the same style horn ring  as mine. I would advise you to check the function of it all way around the wheel (an ohms meter even). Unfortunately I didn't check mine till 10 months later to find I had to squeeze the hell out of it or it just not work. Ultimately got screwed around with nothing excuses on the phone. Never did get resolved or replaced.

I like the results of your cluster, looks real nice ! I looked those guys up a few yrs back, looked like they did good stuff. Did you replace the printed circuit, if you did which one did you choose ?

Ha, thats funny he told me the exact same thing (I don't think it ever happened) Also a note , I see you got the same style horn ring  as mine. I would advise you to check the function of it all way around the wheel (an ohms meter even). Unfortunately I didn't check mine till 10 months later to find I had to squeeze the hell out of it or it just not work. Ultimately got screwed around with nothing excuses on the phone. Never did get resolved or replaced.

I like the results of your cluster, looks real nice ! I looked those guys up a few yrs back, looked like they did good stuff. Did you replace the printed circuit, if you did which one did you choose ?  

not my thumbnails , of coarse :)

That is too funny!! Did they send you a letter too requesting photos?I hate phoney people. LOL.  Oh well.  Looking a little closer, I noticed the rimblow switch is wavy in the channel. I wonder if it just the cheapest thing around. I may consider putting my original back in or I have a new OEM ford switch in the tube.

As for the circuit board....I went with the one CJPP has. If it doesnt work out, I will consider having Midlife make a custom harness.