Big Secz

Project Brandywine

I'm BACK!

After a long absence I finally have my next project.  Before I start some of those newer members may say, "Why is this donk posting a '67 project in a '69/'70 forum?"

Well I've been a member for a long time and started out with a '70 vert.  Then I moved to a '71 Torino, and now I'm on to a '67 coupe.

I have been planning this build for a long time, though '67/'68 fastbacks remained out of my financial grasp, I have scored a deal that I couldn't resist on a '67 coupe.

While on hiatus, and planning my build for when I finally got another car, I decided to go down the EFI road.  It started by scoring a complete EFI setup from a '92 Mustang (wiring harness, upper/lower intake, PCM, etc.) on CL for a $150.  I went through and cleaned, repaired, and modified the wiring harness as my first project.

When that was done I managed to score a 5.0 with about 800 miles on it since rebuild (minus the parts I already have) for a whopping $400.  I then cleaned and painted the motor in the black/candy brandywine color scheme I'm going for.

Just recently, my patience paid off and I scored a '67 coupe, San Jose car for a steal.  Car has 289, C4, deluxe interior, overhead console, Shelby hood, shaved door handles, A/C, power steering, and factory power front disc brakes.

So here I am back with my next build.....Feels good to be back again.

post-13226-0-34269100-1451346014.jpg

post-13226-0-74179400-1451346020.jpg

post-13226-0-06164800-1451346026.jpg

post-13226-0-54401600-1451346032.jpg

post-13226-0-77595800-1451346158.jpg

Well welcome back. At least ya didn't buy a chebby :) Get a hold of Ridge Runner, he'll hook you up with a fastback in no time!

Hey Big, you do know you can join in the conversation even if you don't own a 69/70 don't ya?

Welcome back! I joined about the time you were half through the Torino. I admired what you did with that! The custom center console comes to mind off the top of my head.

I look forward to following you on this build too! 67 is just a number!

Welcome back! I joined about the time you were half through the Torino. I admired what you did with that! The custom center console comes to mind off the top of my head.

I look forward to following you on this build too! 67 is just a number!

Thanks.  That custom console got me a lot of attention on the Torino board as well.  The car came out great but it just wasn't what I really wanted so I decided to sell it.  Believe it or not the new owner called me up unhappy with the car.  You just can't please some people. 

Now I'm building the car I really wanted, so this is going to be a long-term project.  I'll be working on putting in a one piece floor pan next.

post-13226-0-75658400-1451782495.jpg

post-13226-0-28885400-1451782535.jpg

post-13226-0-84698600-1451782556.jpg

Believe it or not the new owner called me up unhappy with the car.  You just can't please some people. 

Now I'm building the car I really wanted, so this is going to be a long-term project.  I'll be working on putting in a one piece floor pan next.

Now that you mention it I remember you posting something about him wanting to give it back. Crazy if you ask me. I a, lad you found the one you want for the long term. The other cars were just practice to make this one perfect!