Vicfreg

1970 Convertible Restoration

Mike. I ran 3/8” stainless stock fuel line from NPD from tank to stock mechanical fuel pump location.  Then ran Earls line and AN fittings to FiTech system. 

By EFI return line goes to a AN 6 bulkhead fitting which goes through the driver side fender well near the stock supply line location.

Mike (Latoracing) is going to run my EFI return line and weld a fitting to my tank when he does my exhaust. 

The Earls fitting in hoses are really easy to assemble and don’t require any special tools. The fittings are a little expensive but I wanted  that look

Used Foose Knuckle rims 18" x 9.5" with 5.5" backspace.   Rolled the inner fenderwell edges. Cut off the axle bumper brackets on the inside of the wheel well.

I have plenty of clearance on the inside could have gone with another 1/2" of backspace and a slightly wider tire, but didn't want to take chances on rubbing.   Although, not likely with my panhard bar setup.

tires.jpg

Rear Suspension August 2017.jpg

RPM is right.  The top one is a brace to keep the actual panhard bar drivers side bracket from moving.   This is an enhancement found in some of the kits that are offered today.

There is a ton of material on Panhard Bars and Watts Links on the Internet, so you can get your fill of the technical stuff..  But simply , the lower bar allows you to adjust the roll center for the car.   This was done on the race prepared Boss 302s and is in the Boss Suspension manual.  (See attached).

Got mine from Chris Alston/TCP.  Super high quality stuff, and excellent instructions.   http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/panhard.html

1970_TA_Mustang_Suspension.pdf

2 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

Posting sime pics of my DS windshield post for Mike 65

D9C6C36F-E61C-45BB-8B3A-1686F26BE8C6.jpeg

C2B0F97F-B7DE-4477-8647-315EF8086734.jpeg

B20D4BCB-9CDA-4546-B6B8-7BEE4B57A3DF.jpeg

F41793CE-21DF-49E8-A0FE-23E5EB62649B.jpeg

Thanks for the pics Vic, I will weld it up so I do not get any water into the interior.

100_1492_zps80ghumz9.jpg

Well, posting cool pics is what I meant. I figured a paying customer telling you in person would have more teeth to it. Hope all is well in your world Mike. 

All is well in the lovely wet Carolinas lately.

It's back...

IMG_1509.thumb.jpg.65f9db529724688d30d2dddd0e27b07e.jpg

It missed being here so much it had to come back for a visit. Looks like it's getting a new exhaust system and a return line for the EFI along with a few other small mods. It's weird seeing it like this. The first time it came here it wasn't in good shape. It really looks good. There are a bunch of small details with the wiring and plumbing on this. Vic has outdone himself.

Vic, If you get a chance could you take a pic of where the inner convertible rockers go into the rear torque boxes- a view from inside the passenger compartment. I'm trying to envision what this looks like because I want to add vert inner rockers to my fastback. I've seen it done but they didn't go into the rear torque boxes- only attached to the outside, which seems kinda odd. Don't bother if it isn't easy to snap a picture. Thanks.