Vicfreg

1970 Convertible Restoration

3/8 inch stainless from the tank to the front of the car. Then I’m using earls fittings and hose to run over to  my mechanic fuel pump, and then to the FITech equipment.  Will also be running a 5/16 return line back  to the tank

23 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

3/8 inch stainless from the tank to the front of the car. Then I’m using earls fittings and hose to run over to  my mechanic fuel pump, and then to the FITech equipment.  Will also be running a 5/16 return line back  to the tank

Thanks Vic.

Made a simple mounting bracket, and got my oil cooler installed.   Also installed the fan controller for my standalone transmission cooler   Ran my low pressure power steering line from my bulkhead fender well connector.         So working off my to do list slowly but shurely.  

EC2CA965-25DC-4B96-B3E9-AC1938697895.jpeg

0B937D04-BA5E-4F89-A5C4-2B78BD5FE22D.jpeg

8F07EE81-0DF3-4AE7-AD41-488FBCBDACDF.jpeg

547DE76C-1FF9-4585-AFE4-5A87C137295F.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Vicfreg said:

Made a simple mounting bracket, and got my oil cooler installed.   Also installed the fan controller for my standalone transmission cooler   Ran my low pressure power steering line from my bulkhead fender well connector.         So working off my to do list slowly but shurely.  

EC2CA965-25DC-4B96-B3E9-AC1938697895.jpeg

0B937D04-BA5E-4F89-A5C4-2B78BD5FE22D.jpeg

8F07EE81-0DF3-4AE7-AD41-488FBCBDACDF.jpeg

547DE76C-1FF9-4585-AFE4-5A87C137295F.jpeg

I'm confused, the headlight bucket mounts in that spot. are you doing something different?

No. Photo was at a bad angle.  Cooler is inboard of the fender and headlight mounting area.  Tried to put it on opposite side from factory Drag Pack (see pic), in similar location.  

5FAF71C4-28E8-4E04-B012-14C73CAB4311.jpeg.ca3fb5261bfd963e50e7026531e00b9d.jpeg

16A4082D-98F5-4B7D-8A3C-BA921EB11F75.jpeg

Busy summer has impacted my wrench time, but slowly finishing up my final wiring tie-ins and plumbing in the engine compartment.   Installed my radiator overflow, front radiator support and radiator, electric fans, oil temperature sensor, started on my oil cooler lines.    Some temporary wire ties in the pictures, just need to do the final alignment before I lock the locations in.   

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4083.jpg

Thanks guys.  Getting close to the end, so trying to move slow and do it right...

Finished my oil cooler plumbing, and also my fuel system plumbing to the FiTech Fuel Command Center.  Installed my radiator upper hose. Used one of those flex kits with the inserts. Really easy to use.  Make sure you get the one that has the billet end caps, not the plastic ones.

I have modified the FiTech FCC to remove the float and use the former vent as a fuel return line back to the tank.

Next steps are to finish my lower radiator hose and temperature sensor installation, finish the trans cooler plumbing, install my deep sump C-6 pan and trans dipstick.  

Then on the ground and off to Mike's to watch him do some magic with my exhaust system.  Won't reveal my idea, but will be very cool.

IMG_4176.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

IMG_4177.jpg

On 10/9/2018 at 2:00 PM, Vicfreg said:

Then on the ground and off to Mike's to watch him do some magic with my exhaust system.  Won't reveal my idea, but will be very cool.

Oh c'mon man! Vic, this site requires full disclosure, it's State Law!

Thanks.  As I get closer to being done, I am finding myself taking shortcuts...but trying not to do that if I can help it.   I am very close to getting the car on the ground again.  Just have a small punch list of items that I gotta get done before I do that. 

I installed all my fuses and powered up my electrical system today for the first time.  No sparks, smoke, fires, or blow fuses.

I tested a few things like my manual over-ride for my PWM fan controller.  Worked perfectly.

I did voltage checks at all my power points in the system, and all was good.

I decided to see if the car would crank over.

This is what happened.

3 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I just bought almost all of the inner structure ,fire wall ,trunk transition panel ,full cowl and several other new dynacorn panels along with a 67and a 68 coupe for 1900 ,i am going to have some fun

Um...pics???

5 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I just bought almost all of the inner structure ,fire wall ,trunk transition panel ,full cowl and several other new dynacorn panels along with a 67and a 68 coupe for 1900 ,i am going to have some fun

Oh, your gettin the feva 

Ha ,had it all along ,just got the chance for the new sheet metal and the coupes and jumped on it ,they will be fast back conversions ,or convertible ,depends on my mood at the time ,and the guy just added another 67 coupe with a spare front clip for 200 , haha ,if i take them all . Whith what i have here now i have 6 of my own conversions to do ....wish one would have been a 69 though.