mustangstofear

Craig from New Zealand

13 hours ago, Raven R code said:

I read earlier that you moved the seat risers back. Looking at the beautiful underside paint......it doesn't look like the access holes were moved.....was it not necessary to move them? BTW.... What color is that?........looks sweet!

We moved  the seat risers back  as far as we could  and still be able to get the nuts on. The color  is a special  one from  PPG,  I'll have to look it up.

When you prepped the underside of the  car for the initial paint, I saw well laid-out tape lines, as though one was going to stripe the car.  You first painted over the tape, then removed it for the final color/clear coat.  What was the purpose of laying out the tape in the first place?  Just curious...

2 hours ago, unilec said:

Beautiful color, definitely will pop in the sun. The rear spoiler you fitted a light into, is that for this car or another project?

After 3 days of labor with the  spoiler  with the  brake  light, we decided to  ditch  it because of the  cost. This is the  standard  rear spoiler. We  are done with  painting for  now  until we get the  hood.