Ridge Runner

67-68 Coupe to Fast Back Conversion

They were not that when i did this car ,but i had a problem with a convertible at the end caps .It was to narrow at the the ends of the quarters also .I had to split the end of the quarter and widen it and fill it back in . For some reason sometimes you get a quarter that is to narrow at the end every now and then ,i dont see how unless they have more than one die set ?

Making a complex qtr panel takes several dies. Each used one offer the other I sequence till the panel is what they want it to be.

The problem most likly is that the die that bends the lip over at the trunk opening does not have a good enough set of stops to assure that it is always in the right place. It seems it's a little sensitive to operator placement

Bob

A 67-68 conversion is a lot easier than a 65-66 because all the parts to convert it are made ,actually they make all the 65-66 parts now but they are much more expensive than the 67-68.

Bring your car with you Mike !! We can convert it in about a week start to finish