Sign in to follow this  
1969Fstback

58 cent Accessory Fuse Bus Bar

After searching for hours I found 1 for 35 bucks.  Seemed high.  This one cost me 58 cents and took less than 10 mins to make.  I am adding a supplemental fuse box.  The accessory bus bar will have an inline fuse to a relay.  I am going to run a hot from the battery to the input of the relay and the output to the new fuse box. So there should be minimal amps.   
With that said anyone see an issue with it?

Acc Bus Bar

Those 58 cents are going to be the most expensive 58 cents you ever spent the second your car catches fire and burns to the ground.

Here is a better way, using actual electrical components and not cotter pins... It might cost 4x the price at a couple of bucks.

Bought these fuse holders at radio shack, broke one end off, put a wire terminal on it.

Having just seen midlife's link, I would just go with that instead.

post-2729-0-60822700-1449202052.jpg

post-2729-0-47339400-1449202068.jpg

post-2729-0-72710600-1449202099.jpg

Enlighten me on how it will catch fire?  As I stated above, I will hook a relay with an inline fuse to the stud.  I see no difference between what I have and what you have.  

I looked at doing the same thing, but could not figure out an easy way to secure the new clip to the block.  Thus, afraid it would keeping pulling the other end of the fuse from the block.

The cotter pin is stiff and with a tap on the stud will not pull away.