Sign in to follow this  
RobotMan

A/C Duct Mounting

Does anyone have pics or info showing how the right and left air ducts mount to the lower dash or are supported by the duct support clips.  The right hand duct specifically has a bracket that seems to reach out toward the lower dash but I do not see a mount hole.

post-38321-0-29833000-1448323160.jpg

Also purchased these duct support clips from Scott Drake but do not see how they work.

post-38321-0-65645300-1448323206.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

There are no mounting screws needed to install the duct.

The Scott Drake clips are not for the duct in the upper picture.  Not certain where they go.  Are they for attaching the outer registers to the dash?

You are missing an 'S' shaped spring.  I don't know if they are reproduced.  The metal bracket on that duct slips into one side of it and the other side of it slips over the sheetmetal flange of the dash it is resting on.  You will probably have to bend that metal bracket to fit it in place.  I don't recall mine being straight like that. 

I looked at the CJ Pony link.  Those are for the defroster ducts not the A/C ducts.  Probably for a non factory A/C car as well.  If nobody here has the parts you need, try calling Perogie Enterprises and explain to them what you are trying to install and are missing the clips to attach the A/C duct brackets to the lower metal dash.  They will likely know and have the parts you need.  Perogie is sometimes a little more expensive but they are very knowledgeable with these cars and have a very large inventory of new and used parts.  Perogie is in the process of building a new website so the current one is very limited.  http://www.perogie.com/