Sign in to follow this  
J's69Mach1

What heads r u running non stroker 351w?

A little late to the party, but the link below is to my engine build which is similiar to yours.  In a nutshell: 351w f4te block bored to 357, rhs 200 heads, comp cam xe274hr, holley 650 dp, FPA longtube headers, T-5z, and 3.89 gears. Engine dyno says ~430/430 and runs great.

http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47693-rhs-heads-make-some-power/

they are amazing! Stan is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. He even ensured me that the headers would clear the borgeson steering box (slightly larger in some places) and my clutch cable linkage.  They did. Coating is nice and welds are very clean. The flange is thick and has both bolt patterns, which made my life a thousand times easier taking on and off since the rhs heads have both as well. My dad put a set of FPAs on his 57 thunderbird over 10 years ago and still look and work great to this day...one of the reasons i went with fpa on mine. yes, 1/3/4".

im going to jump in on this.  Right now i have a 351w with performer rpm intake and heads w/ the .202's, try y headers and comp cams CCA-35-421-8, 3.80 posi rear and 4r70w trans, Dougs 1 3/4 headers, 3" pipe. Its sitting at 9.5 compression. not sure the exact power, but i feel it could be more so ive been looking at AFR 205's. will the headers i have now fit with the AFR? 

Don't think the Try-Y's will fit Byron, the exhaust ports are raised and a good bit bigger on the 205's

That Comp cam listed is the same one my friend runs in his 408 with Patriot performance Alum heads through a 5 speed and he put 410hp to the ground on a Mustang Dyno

9 hours ago, Levi said:

45cc 1965 289 hipo heads on my 1969 351w block

Yes, welcome to the forum. Why don't you start a new thread with info about you, your car, when you bought it, what you've done to it, where y'all live, and of course some pics of your Mustang? We are (or at least me) are curious bunch of friendly guys.