bomccorkle

69 door assembly

I'm wondering if anywhere out there, there is possibly a guide on door assembly? I'm fairly certain it needs to go back together with the latch hardware followed by regulator, then glass and finally weatherstrip but I'm not 100% sure on this. The car was in a million pieces when I got it so there's plenty I didn't disassemble.

Thanks in advance for any help

bo

I did put my latch mechanism in before the regulator  glass and so on but I don't think it is necessary. If the glass is in you can roll it up or down to access about anything in the door.  In my opinion the glass was the hardest to install.

Dave 

Latch assembly and all the lock and latch rods first or you can't get it in , then the regulator,then the glass. You have to crank the regulator to a certain spot to attach it to the glass .

I just pulled the latch Rods and lock out last weekend with the reg and glass still in place . That said it would have been easier with all the other stuff out but it can be done either way. And yes putting the glass in is a pain in the arse especially if you have the glue on brackets. Just protect your glass at all costs when installing them .