nickjames138

How to stop fresh air kick panel vents / kick panel speaker install

So, I installed Vintage Air in my car which is amazing. However, I'm still getting a lot of hot air from my fresh air kick panel vents. So, I wanted to cut out the vent and install speakers in the vent pod which will fit perfectly. I just want to stop the fresh air from coming into the vent. I found the Scott Drake Cowl Cover on CJPonyParts. It has one review from a guy doing a similar project and he said the cowl cover basically didn't work that great. Does anyone have any suggestions or pics from their project? 

Thanks guys

post-44728-0-06719300-1445037075.jpeg

post-44728-0-82983000-1445037096.jpeg

Is the CJ's cowl cover a plastic cover for the top of the cowl slits? From where if anywhere does the Vintage Air unit get fresh air? You may want to look into an enclosed speaker box for the kick panel to keep the air out of the cabin.

Is the CJ's cowl cover a plastic cover for the top of the cowl slits? From where if anywhere does the Vintage Air unit get fresh air? You may want to look into an enclosed speaker box for the kick panel to keep the air out of the cabin.

Yea I realized that the Scott drake is a piece of clear plastic that goes over top of the vent/ visible to the public...not the look I'm going for! I'm going to remove the cowl panel and try to plug up the holes.