MustangBobby

Garage/shop Music

I want to know what everybody has in their stereo while working on their car.  I am talking about old school cd/tape stereos here.  If you just put your iPod on shuffle, this doesn't apply.  I want to know what music you made a choice to actually load the CD, or even tape.  I have a five disc changer and it is currently loaded with...

Def Leppard- Hysteria Deluxe edition  (Just saw them in concert. New album hits Oct. 30, new song on YouTube)

WASP- The Last Command

GNR- Illusion II

Dokken- Under Lock and Key

Goo Goo Dolls- A boy Named Goo

I am a country boy so the radio is always on  KJUG  in tulare . I do have a cd with the Eagles and a CCR that i kick on every now and then .Been known to sing along with Brooks and Dunn and even Rascal Flats .Never any rap,no no no ...I am trying to restore cars not pound on them :)

My favorite wrenching tunes?

George Thorogood (Gear Jammer, Delaware Slide, Madison Blues...)

CCR (Fortunate Son, Run Through the Jungle, Susie Q, Bad Moon Rising...)

Bob Seger (Hollywood Nights)

Heart (Magic Man)

Stevie Nicks (Edge of Seveteen)

The Guess Who (American Woman)

Steppenwolf (Born to be Wild)

Spencer Davis (Gimme some Lovin')

ZZTop (Just got paid)

And I should add Lalo Schiffrin and his incredible Bullit sound track.

G

I sheet rocked Merle Haggard's  house in Terra Bella .You would be surprised how many country singers are from the Valley .I am sure RPM has been down buck Owens Blvd. in Bakersfield . Lefty Fritzell is from Either Visalia or one of the surrounding towns .One of the biggest  country song writers is from Springville . This is a great valley .

And a big Yes to Stevie Nicks ,and Fleetwood Mack .

The last cd's I had in the stereo were Slayer Raining Blood, Pantera Live and Iron Maiden Live. Now I use Pandora radio on my phone plugged into the stereo. Usually Slipknot radio or Pantera radio. They both play a good mix of what I want to listen to.

I have been a faithful metal head since the 80's. Plus as a side benefit it keeps the neighbors away.