Rsmach1

And so it begins....Long overdue

Well this is my 69 M code Mach1, I bought the car back in 1982 from the second owner for a whopping 2k (that wasn't all that cheap back then lol). My main concern at the time was that it was indeed a Mach1, complete with all the original parts, and after checking all the number's it was, so I took it home. The car had obvious signs of wear and was going to be a project car. I knew the car had been repainted red by the 2nd owner as I could see what I thought was Wimbelton white peeking through a few chips on the car, but never actually checked the paint code as I planed on painting it at some point anyway. I drove the car for around 6mo, it had 130k on it and the engine was tired, so I parked it. In the mid 90s I pulled it out of the garage and rebuilt the engine(balanced, blueprinted, pro head work, and built to the hilt) and proceeded to tear up the bowtie boys on the street err um I mean the track lol. It saw occasional "weekend duty" as it was too wild for the street until 2003 when I broke my back. I had the engine and tranny pulled and stored, and the car sat covered outside at my brothers house.

Fast forward to 2015, my back is better, and the car still sits, I had become disconnected with it and thought I'd just sell it. I hadn't seen the car in 12 years, I pulled the cover off, and knew I couldn't sell it as all those old feelings came back in an instant. To my surprise it wasn't all that bad considering how much time it spent outside. So I dragged the car to where I live now, washed it, and here it goes into my garage to start the restoration.     post-38897-0-66489900-1443835843.jpg     post-38897-0-72037000-1443835868.jpg

Thanks, it's always been in SoCal, and only has a few small spots of rust. I consider myself extremely lucky, I've seen what some here have started with and am amazed at what they have accomplished. Kudos to those who have brought some of these cars back from the brink.

Welcome? With 335 posts? Maybe welcome back :)

For some reason I'm looking forward to this build. Cool story...till the broken back, damn!

I took it as welcome to the project progress part of the forum, yea I been posting here awhile on the tech side. Now I'm off to go tear into it lol, Thanks guys.