My Mach 1

Coil Over Advice

I'm thinking about put some coilovers on my 69 Mach. What brands do you guys suggest? Also on the rear, are these a replacement for the Leaf springs or an addition to them?Thnx All

Well for me, I went with SOT (Street or Track) and couldn't be happier. I went with their "sport" coil over for the fronts, it can really take a turn, comfort is there but its not aggressive. As for the rears, I went with Grab-a-tracks 4.5 mid eye leaf with sport bilstein shocks in the rear

Shocks can make or break the system.  Street or Track have custom valved Bilsteins and ride NICE. Meier Racing has a new coilover suspension using JRI shocks (expensive and some consider top-of-the-line), but their setup still has the shock mounted to the UCA....which doesn't take advantage of the improved motion ratio and reduced stress on the shock towers.  I would lean towards the SoT setup.

Since I'm different, I'll put in my vote for the global west control UCA/LCAs with QA1's. I've had them on for about 7 years now and was one of the best mods I have done to my car.  You can get single or double adjustable QA1s as well. I also just saw that they have a new UCA with new geometry to add a few degrees of positive caster that I want to swap to (Good for folks with the borgeson swap and centering issues).

Shocks can make or break the system.  Street or Track have custom valved Bilsteins and ride NICE. Meier Racing has a new coilover suspension using JRI shocks (expensive and some consider top-of-the-line), but their setup still has the shock mounted to the UCA....which doesn't take advantage of the improved motion ratio and reduced stress on the shock towers.  I would lean towards the SoT setup.

and to clarify on this point...the QA1s mount to the LCA. Agree 100% on making sure it mounts to the LCA if you are going to spending all that money!

caboy78 you may be amazed by the difference of custom quality coilovers vs off the shelf mediocre ones.  Nice to see you are happy with yours, but QA1 shocks aren't typically regarded as a quality shock.

Went SoT as well. All my stuff is still in boxes but will get them out and trash on them one day. I was shopping for a complete SYSTEM when I bought mine. All of these components are engineered to work together, without experimenting. 

Street or Track for me as well.  Kept the leaf spring set up out back an put on the matching Bilstein.  I got the street valving because that is about 97% of what the car will be doing.  Good thing I could always just change the shock if I wanted to get more aggressive, but absolutely love this set up. 

I would call Shaun and just talk to him.  I talked with him a few times before deciding what to do and he was a wealth of knowledge and was just great to talk with and work with.

Went SoT as well. All my stuff is still in boxes but will get them out and trash on them one day. I was shopping for a complete SYSTEM when I bought mine. All of these components are engineered to work together, without experimenting. 

Geez, by the time you get done they may be old technology!  LOL

on the rear, are these a replacement for the Leaf springs or an addition to them?

leaf springs also act to locate the rear end. so if you want to switch from leafs to coilovers in the rear, then you would need some other means of locating the rear end. if keeping the leafs, then the coil over spring will act like a helper spring (some do that to help with a sagging rear end)