Ridge Runner

Let's See Those Mustang Guard Dogs .

Every one needs a good dog to watch over those Mustangs .A dog to keep the bad guys away ,A dog to steal your pastrami sandwich ...what !...wait a minuet ,that was my sandwich ! Ok, who peed on my wheels ? Well lets see those dogs anyway .

These are my girls ,They are French, Great Pyrenees . The white one is Antionette ..Annie .The one with the grey mask is Suzette ...Suzy . They both go around 90 lbs.each . The males can get over 100 lbs.They are live stock guardian dogs .These dogs have been know to chase off wolves ,mountain lions and even bears .They are really not afraid of much . .They pretty well do what they want and need a lot of room to roam if they do not have a heard to watch over . They are very protective and very smart ,they will learn how to open doors and gates so we have to keep them locked .

They have teeth like a wolf and i sure wouldn't want to break in to a place and find one staring me in the face .And don't think about running ,they can out run just about anything ,but they are about the most loving dogs i have ever had ,to the point of actually giving you a hug .Suzy is the baby at just over a year old .

post-42284-0-29145100-1441315620.jpg

post-42284-0-94170200-1441315982.jpg

post-42284-0-29145100-1441315620.jpg

post-42284-0-94170200-1441315982.jpg

Frankenstein, aka Frankie, Francis, loves to kick back in the shop. I do think he's a cat trapped in a dogs body as he loves to sleep during the day, but we love him anyway. Some knucklehead abandoned him about 5 years ago and was going to take him to the pound as they were leaving on vacation. He was a bit skittish for a while, who does that to doggies?

post-5441-0-83054300-1441762257.jpg

One of the best dogs i ever had was a white German Shepherd that some a hole dumped out here .This dog could out hunt the best of them .She never got more than 30 feet from me and when her tail wagged quickly there was a pheasant ready to jump .

Some hunter had just gone  through a field behind my house with two German Short hairs and when he saw me headed in the field he said there is nothing there ,if my dogs cant jump something yours surely will not ..About that time her tail went off and i told the guy to get ready she is about to jump a pheasant... HAHAHA ,the guy just about turned blue when she jumped two Rooster pheasants .The guy said ,you knew she was going to do that didn't you ? I said YEP and we went into the field . Good old Sugar Bear .

Here's my two watch dogs, Sheba the Rottweiler-Newfoundland and Toby the Boxer-Labrador. Also known as Moose and Monkey. Sheba's the smart old girl, she's not as fast as she used to be but hangs in there like a left tackle. Toby's the speed demon. They both have a good bark, so strangers don't know how friendly they really are :)

post-1146-0-81737800-1442272808.jpg

post-1146-0-46794700-1442272895.jpg

My next dog will be a Newfoundland .I always wanted a full blood Black Newfoundlant .They look like a monster with all that long hair .

Mine's only half Newfy but I've had dogs my whole life and she's got the most loyal and gentle personality of any dog I've ever had. Really protective, too. And lots and lots of hair. Like a beer barrel in a bear suit, lol!

My dogs aren't the best guard dogs as they love people but Oaklin (big guy) is protective of me and Knox (little guy). They both love rides in the mustang (because it is fast) though their hair gets everywhere. Oaklin is an Australian shepherd husky mix and Knox is an American Eskimo husky mix. post-22172-0-07402600-1442450489.jpg

post-22172-0-03827600-1442450546.jpg

Rocketdog aka Rocky is my head of security and Lilly is my HR director.

Rocket is 3, Lilly is 7. In typical Golden fashion they both think they're 1 year old and only 10 lbs.

That gray furball behind Lilly is Smokey aka 'that damn cat'. Smokey has no job or title - he spends his days snorting catnip, ambushing the dogs and chasing imaginary things.

post-22281-0-64865700-1442502147.jpg

post-22281-0-28756400-1442502204.jpg

I had to rush Annie to the vet this morning .She had a lump on her neck ,we think from a palm tree thorn .At 12 last night it burst .I wouldn't have known it except Suzy came into my room and poked me with her nose until i got up .thing bled everywhere ,i thought she was going to bleed to death .We don't have a vet locally that is open at night so all we could do was wrap it and wait wait till 8 this morning .Get to bring her home after 4 today ,vet cleaned out the wound and stitched her up and he says she will be fine .

$500 dollars ...up front ...before they would even work on her .

Generic yellow mutt who lets me hang out in her garage. Shih-Tzu is daughter's. He likes to hang out with us when he can. That's supposed to be HIS bed.

Why is it they can fold and curl their way onto a 2x2 cushion but they need the ENTIRE couch to watch TV and a WHOLE king size bed at night?

I had to rush Annie to the vet this morning .She had a lump on her neck ,we think from a palm tree thorn .At 12 last night it burst .I wouldn't have known it except Suzy came into my room and poked me with her nose until i got up .thing bled everywhere ,i thought she was going to bleed to death .We don't have a vet locally that is open at night so all we could do was wrap it and wait wait till 8 this morning .Get to bring her home after 4 today ,vet cleaned out the wound and stitched her up and he says she will be fine .

$500 dollars ...up front ...before they would even work on her .

Scarey stuff, that. I hope you gave Suzy some extra treats.

RPM: Re paying double - Without hesitation. Heck, I have an unused credit card with 0 balance just for emergencies.

I got her home ...another $80 . We have these stickers growing here that look like a curly piece of wire with a sharp bullet end ,that is what it was .They screw them selves in and the end breaks off. I am surprised they found it because they are not very big .First thing she did was to climb up in her favorite chair and she will not budge .

On 9/14/2015 at 7:23 PM, 69RavenConv said:

post-1146-0-81737800-1442272808.jpg

I lost my big girl yesterday - she was eleven, not bad for a such a big dog but way too soon for me. She went peacefully at home - very sudden, very unexpected. I sure will miss her. Give those Mustang watch dogs a little extra attention  this holiday season, because time sure flies!