69GT

Brake & clutch petal assembly removal

Hey guys, been a while since I've posted on here. Got a new job, got married, and now I have some free time and money to start working on the car again!

I just bought a rebuilt T5 trans and the modern driveline kit to swap from an auto to manual. I'm in the process of trying to remove the petal assembly to remove the old bushings and put in the roller bearing kit. The problem is that I'm left scratching my head due to this one bolt located on the top left of the assembly. It appears to be almost half moon shape and I'm not sure if that's stock and not sure how to remove it.

I started trying to remove the bushings with the assembly in place but there isn't really enough room to get the rotary tool in there to grind them. Any suggestions?

post-39-0-69557000-1441236150.jpg

You guys were right about the nut. My next question, is there anything else holding that assembly in place? I removed all fasteners from the firewall, and the bolts going up into the dash but it doesn't really want to move. It wiggles slightly like it's loose, but it won't come out. Is it secured by something hidden in the dash too? I have to be missing something.

Yes shaun071  is correct. I just got through installing the bracket in mine and it is sandwitched in between the steering column and lower dash so one as to be removed and the column is easier to remove I think.

Dave

the master cylinder would need to be unbolted and pulled forward or the booster if you have one would need unbolted and pulled forward to get the studs out of the bracket.  You may have already done this too I don;t know.  Other than that it could be binding on something under the dash but with a little persuasion it should come out 

@latoracing

Is that a roll cage or just frame bracing for doing metal work?

I was installing a cage when I took that picture. I also had to replace my cowl so I took the opportunity to fit the knee bar without the cowl stuff in the way. I kinda cheated but it placed the bar in a place that it would not interfere with most of the components under the dash. The 1" x 2" tube stuck to the front of the A pillars was for bracing since I had a ton of structure removed from the front of the car.