My Mach 1

Need help with traction ideas

Hi guys, I need your thoughts and opinions please. My Mach has 460hp at the flywheel going through a FMX trans, 3:25 open gears with 14x7 magnums and BFG 245x60x14 on the rears. I'm going to go with a True Trac with 3:70 gears. So for traction I'm thinking of 2 options.

1 - go to a 15x8 magnums and 275x60x15 or 275x50x15?

2 - 15x8 magnums with a set of MT/ET Street Drag Radials?

3 - Will the MTs cause unnecessary wear and stress on the suspension

The car is built to have fun with - car shows, smoke shows etc no track time though.

Thanks all.

I love my ET street radials. The car is 100% more fun since I put them on, than it was before them. They WILL HOOK. It's nice to finally press down the pedal on the street, and the car go, rather than go up in a smoke show.

Voted no on the Drag radials cause the OP "wanted a smoke show". Plus a street tire will be safer, and last longer.

Hey sorry guys - my post is contradictory especially after thinking about what you guys have said- smoking the tires is zero traction - so I can either smoke the tires or hook the tires but certainly not both. I'm such a goof!! Truth be told I don't wanna sit and spin.

I just bought M/T 275/50 r15 drag radials and mounted them on 15x8 magnum 500's. I'm going to have to roll my fender lips for clearance.

I went the 50's due to the 3:50 gears I have in car and didn't won't to kill my gearing with the 60's.

With you going to 3:70 gear 275/60 will probably work well on your car