I put new carpet in my ride about 5 years ago and don't seem to have the receipt.  Well can't find it anyway.  One of the deciding factors on my carpet selection was that the red inserts were sewn in and not just glued.  Brian

post-33155-0-73329900-1439313711.jpg

I bought the ACC carpet and recently installed it.  The quality of the carpet seemed ok by me.  it's all cheap nylon stuff, so even the best is kinda "meh"..

I'm not a fan of the original "looped" carpet, so I went for the cut pile.  It's personal choice, but it think it looks smoother, and I know it doesn't hold grass and dirt like the looped carpet does.

The fit was "okay".  it certainly wasn't anything to rave about.  I bought the "massback" cut-pile, so it does have a nice thick heavy rubber backing.  The downside of that is that the "molding" of the carpet is not that great.  It was usuable, but it could be a lot better.  i really wonder why these carpet guys can't really mold this stuff for a perfect fit - it's not like they don't know exactly the shape of the floorboards....  Seems to me they do just enough to to say it's molded, and they aren't really trying.  Just MHO.

I also don't know why they can't make the carpet a single piece.  the ACC carpet is a two-piece, with a seam just in-front of the front seats.  This is the real issue area for this carpet.  At least with this mass back, the backseat portion comes forward of the seat pedestal.  Because the carpet is so thick, it just sticks straight out over the "ledge" of the pedestal.  It needs to be formed to fold downward over that edge but it is not.  In order to make it look right, I had to hand-stich the front edge down in half a dozen spots.  This worked ok. You can see how it came out in the pics. I had to add some jute around the hump to get a snug fit on the hump.

I am satisfied with the installation.  I still have some trimming to do around the front quarters, but the rest is in ok.  I'd give the ACC carpet a B- overall.  Takes more time to install than you want, but overall looks pretty decent.  

It's one of those deals...  If I were selling this stuff, it would be a better product than it is - before it left my factory.  Given what it is tho, you can make it look pretty good.  (I wish I had vacuumed the car now that I see the pics- haha)

post-14729-0-97704200-1439348123.jpg

post-14729-0-96183200-1439348174.jpg

post-14729-0-84310000-1439348186.jpg

post-14729-0-32953100-1439348211.jpg

I have the ACC Mass Back as well.  It needed some trimming but nothing major.  It also adds a small bit of sound deadening but not a huge difference.  The Dark Ivy really doesn't match the OEM.  Just a warning if for some strange reason you were looking at dark green.  I'm not sure many of the colors match the originals well anymore.  If I had to do it over I'd have changed the whole interior to Black and been done with it.  I ordered no less than 4 sets of carpet and next summer I plan to die it darker anyway.  Quality wise it's fine. It's not like the original carpet was really that nice anyway.

look at the color of the carpet in the photos above compared to the seat covers . . the seats are black and the carpet is dark gray, lol , , the best carpet was distinctive but they quit making it . . you can carefully use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat the backing on the carpet and mold it better in the necessary areas.

I think the lighting may be playing a part in it looking dark gray.  To me it looks very black.  It's also a bit dusty from all the work in my shop.  In general tho, it's sufficiently black for my taste.

Somewhat ironically, the stock paint I used on the rear quarter panels is "dark charcoal metallic" from NPD... not exactly black. They go together fine though, to my untrained eye anyway.

I think the lighting may be playing a part in it looking dark gray.  To me it looks very black.  It's also a bit dusty from all the work in my shop.  In general tho, it's sufficiently black for my taste.

Somewhat ironically, the stock paint I used on the rear quarter panels is "dark charcoal metallic" from NPD... not exactly black. They go together fine though, to my untrained eye anyway.

nope . . it is dark gray . . always has been, always will be . . i am an acc dealer and have used their carpets whenever distinctive didnt have what i needed.

the point is the same with most aftermarket parts . . why dont they make it right in the first place since they make it from scratch anyway.

the point is the same with most aftermarket parts . . why dont they make it right in the first place since they make it from scratch anyway.

I will never understand that about repo parts.....sometimes I think the Chinese screw it up on purpose...lol!

Jay....love the running horse in the back seat....very nice touch!

I may try the stockinteriors version of the mach 1 carpet. We'll see how it goes.

Jay....love the running horse in the back seat....very nice touch!

I may try the stockinteriors version of the mach 1 carpet. We'll see how it goes.

thx on the Horsey!  Was a $50 option from my custom upholster.  Each front bucket seat also got a running horse (no bars) across the upper bolster just below the headrest. So a few custom touches but largely a stock look.

Post us pics of the stockinteriors stuff.  Would be useful for folks to have the comparison here.

Jay

I used the ACC Mach1 carpet without the mass backing. The fit is not good.  I also don't understand why it cant be molded correctly.  They molded it undersize in the width.  I have original floors and rockers, so why are the contoured edges inch's short.  The right side insert is not sewn in straight either.  Lousy quality.  

I will never understand that about repo parts.....sometimes I think the Chinese screw it up on purpose...lol!

yes, i don't think they like us.

stockinteriors carpret couldn't be much worse...i hope.

I have always used ACC in my cars .the carpet holds up very well and doesn't seem to fade .The tunnel is sometimes a bit baggy but after it is in the car for a while it it seems to lay out .get the one with the jute backing . I think i used to get it at National Parts Depot .

Getting ready to push the button on the stock interior carpet. So I asked more questions about their carpet. Apparently all their Mach 1 carpet comes with the jute backer....so it seems "mass backed" is just a rubber layer bonded to the jute for sound deadening. Is it worth the extra $79 for that option (mass backed). Also, there is 80-20 and plain Nylon. I always heard that 80-20 carpet was better and lasted longer....but the guy told me they both durable. So not sure which way to go there.

I really can't say if it's "worth it".  My car was down for so long before restore, I can't say for sure it makes it much quieter.  I do believe it would as the rubber material is perhaps 1/32in to 1/16in thick.  Mine fit "ok", I wasn't thrilled with the fit, but can't really say it didn't fit.  I did use some extra jute around the hump to "fill in" places the carpet wanted to hover above the floor due to stiffness.  I think the mass back makes the carpet more stiff, but being formed, this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The jute that is on the carpet (it is bonded to the relatively smooth rubber that is used for sound deadening) is pretty minimal.  Maybe 1/4in thick, and only in the major spots.

My sense is it is better to have the mass back, but like I said, I can't prove it.  To me, the extra cost was worth it.

CJ's is running a up to 30% off sale most of there carpet set's are on sale. but the sale ends tonight. 12-23-15 I'm thinking about ordering the non massbacked cut pile then use dynamat under it. not ready for it yet but won't be any cheaper price than now

Good to hear this as I am about to buy the cut pile but was not sure if I was going to go with the Mass Back or not.  I to am doing dynamat and dynaliner in my car to cut down on the heat and sound.  Are there better options (fit/quality) than ACC carpet?