rharden

Wheel and tire sizes for a 70 Mach 1.

Can anyone tell me what is the widest wheel and tire combination I can put under my 70 Mach 1. I'm more concerned about the rears, but front info would be nice also. I don't want the tires protruding past the wheel opening and I don't want them rubbing. I have stock suspension, and I would like to run a 17" wheel, with a tire diameter of around 26" to 27" (rears). If anyone has any info, backspace numbers and tire size, I would appreciate it. Thanks. 

I've been looking at going with a 17x9 or 17x9.5 wheel in the back, with 5.50-5.75" of backspacing. I have heard 275s will clear easily, and some people have even run 285s (and maybe 295s?) without issue. It's all about sitting it perfectly in the allowable space back there. I think I'll be going with the 275s myself just to play it safe...and there seems to be a great selection of 275 width tires out there and cheaper then the larger sizes. Good luck!

Running 275/40/18's out back on mine with a 4.5 Reverse eye spring and all is well...I get slight rub if I have a passenger and hit a big hole but if your stock ride height you will be fine... My rims are 18x10 with 6.5" BS and a +25.4 mm OS deep dish bullets

Up front I have 18x9s with a 6" BS and +25.4 o/s but I need a spacer up front

I recently got a set of 17x8 for the front with a +2 os and 5.33" BS and they fit PERFECTLY with no rub and NO Spacer and I have the Shelby drop and 1 whole coil cut from my springs

My rear wheels were gonna be an 18x10 with 5.09" BS and a -12 o/s but the asshole who sold me the rims at the store got them in and they were damaged and the manufacturer told him they weren't making more till Mid Sept so now hes gonna refund my money after I paid to have the fronts mounted and balanced :( 

but if u get the right BS and OS u will be fine

Thanks for both replies. I am at the stock height, all new springs. I may change this someday, lower it. I just wanted to know what other guys have done so I don't buy the wrong set up. I'll check out rims with about the same backspacing and offset. Do you two guys have any pictures? Thanks.