Sign in to follow this  
bryonbush

brake cylinder/booster recommendations

looking to replace my booster and master cylinder together. i have disc/drum set up now and currently have power brakes. looking at this kit here and wondering what thoughts yall might have or suggestions on others. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Black-Power-Brake-Booster-Kit-1967-69-Mustang-Cast-Bottom-Disc-Drum-03471-/321793201403?hash=item4aec5e94fb&vxp=mtr

You might want to get some measurements.  My Bendix Booster is 7", the NAPA MC is 7" and that 14" set up just gets in there.  Firewall to shock tower is 14 & 1/2" maybe.  The set up your looking at gives a booster measurement, already to long, and no size for the MC.Brian

I have this one that physically fits but I have not plumbed it in yet . It has the earlier Corvette style master for disc/disc. Its the same vendor has the one you posted. It fit between the firewall and shock tower with room to spare but I don't know if it is any shorter than the one you are looking at. I think the boosters are the same the only difference is the master.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-68-69-70-Mustang-Power-brake-booster-master-cylinder-valve-disc-disc-03383-/221820222071?hash=item33a583fa77&vxp=mtr

Dave

I installed a booster from Tuff Stuff and it works great. I installed a willwood master cylinder because that is what I wanted but there is not reason you couldn't just use a stock master cyl in there as well

Bob

X2 with Rsanter, you can get a rebuilt booster from autozone for like 90 bucks or so exchange, and they come with a lifetime warranty. I would highly recommend getting a NEW not rebuilt master cylinder though.

ive been exploring all options. i hooked up a better vacuum tester to the MC and seemed to be holding pretty well. i think i found the problem with the brakes going to crap. i checked the brake drums to see if they were leaking inside and all came out good on both sides. i noticed that the axle was soaked. the block on the axle for the two rear brake lines was leaking. was slow enough not to drip on the ground and make it noticeable, but fast enough to drain the res after i checked it in the first place.