Alan_Mac

1970 Hood Trim Hardware

I just bought the trim support from mustang research.  Does anyone know the correct hardware to fix the trim onto the hood? For some reason I was thinking it had acorn nuts.  If so, are they the short stamped acorn nuts with the seams or the longer drawn seamless acorn nuts?  Thnaks          

That doesn't look like the NOS hardware I used (I was lucky enough to score a Ford molding many years ago when they were still available) But I recall the '69 and '70 were different, with the '70 being improved. The '69 has a reputation for being problematic, so the AMK is probably better than OEM  I can look at and photograph what I have tonight

69RavenConv, thanks for the feedback.  My mach 1 has two piece drawn bullet nose nuts with a flange.  Not sure if mine are original. NPD lists the AMK f142 kit as concourse,  Pictures would be great.  Here is what I have on mine.  http://s124.photobucket.com/user/Alan_MacDougall/media/Mach1/Parts%20for%20sale/drawn%20two%20piece%20acorn%20nut%20with%20%20flange_zpssdswhrs2.jpg.html

Thanks guys, Great! this is what I have on my car.  AMK should change their kit, they make bullet nose nuts. I always thought AMK HW was pretty exact but this isn't.   NPD lists the AMK F142 kit as concourse, I bet allot of folks have bought it.               

For anyone that has a 70 that needs the hood trim trim support, I recommend Mustang Research.  The fit and finish couldn't be any better.  Now my original trim molding doesn't feel flimsy at all.      

i think we have consensus with the 70 nut.69 ravenconv, i see you have the support also.  

Yes, I'm sure the part I bought was a factory replacement piece manufactured in the '70's or '80's, which would have been the upgraded '70 version