first69

best repop interior quarter panel?

Your talking about the interior rear passanger compartment panels on each side of the seat correct?

If so there are no good repops LOL.

Hit up Ridgerunner on the boards hes the local fiberglass guru and sold me a set he made from an original set that are spot on nice and well worth the money.

Definately don't buy the ones with the speaker pods built into them. I made that mistake. The driverside needed trimming to somewhat fit decent. The passenger side, forget it. I think I had about half an inch gap where the top of the panel ended to where the quarter window started. Plus all the screw holes needed to be located and drilled out. I tossed them out in the yard and put the originals back in. I think the ones I bought were Drakes.

I'm pretty sure Repop doesn't make them, but even the other companies who reproduce them aren't too good.

Mine were cracked pretty good and had some extra holes from whatever the previous owner drilled into them. I repaired with epoxy and filling in the holes. Then I used an interior texture spray (you'd have to go to a specialty automotive paint store) and sprayed them. I 100% cannot tell the areas that are repaired.

Evil Twin I had to do some repairs on my originals too. I glassed some washers to the backside so the screws would hold and repainted with NPD's semi gloss interior paint. Not perfect but you would really have to look close to see the stress cracks. By the way that is one sweet looking ride.

yeah I got the repos as well , ( the originals were shot) they ok but the they are a little short when I lower the back seat. the ridge that the back sits on is not wide enough. wish someone would make them right.

Mustangs to fear do you make them right? I sincerely doubt it. oh yeah, I have a fastback.

I have them but the panels are not perfect .They have a spot were the lower part of the rear seat rubbed a smooth spot ,but it is hidden by the seat bottom .One side has small spider cracks that transferred from the original i made the molds from but it is very light .They are fiberglass and fit well with correct type mounting and grain .If i could find a perfect set of originals i would make new molds ,but that is just about impossible and keep the correct grain.

I have the latch covers for the fold down as well and they are perfect and fit very well .The panels are a bit heavier than the factory panels and stronger .Shipping is the real problem ,the shape will not let them stack well so it takes a large box .post-42284-0-43898700-1437344395.jpgpost-42284-0-89692000-1437344514.jpgpost-42284-0-68501900-1437344608.jpg

This is the smooth spot from the seat bottom but it is hidden when the seat bottom is in place

post-42284-0-79838200-1437344771.jpg

I also have a fiberglass trap door ,the grain is perfect and it was made from a dent free door .It uses the stock mounting and hardware .

post-42284-0-03748300-1437344969.jpgpost-42284-0-31267400-1437345088.jpgpost-42284-0-83191400-1437345212.jpg

yeah I got the repos as well , ( the originals were shot) they ok but the they are a little short when I lower the back seat. the ridge that the back sits on is not wide enough. wish someone would make them right.

Mustangs to fear do you make them right? I sincerely doubt it. oh yeah, I have a fastback.

Yes, we make a modified replacement and they fit fine. They were made off OEM parts.

Definately don't buy the ones with the speaker pods built into them. I made that mistake. The driverside needed trimming to somewhat fit decent. The passenger side, forget it. I think I had about half an inch gap where the top of the panel ended to where the quarter window started. Plus all the screw holes needed to be located and drilled out. I tossed them out in the yard and put the originals back in. I think the ones I bought were Drakes.

Those would have been made by MP products out of AZ.

Yeah MTF those Panels are PURE JUNK !! I have my set if someone wants them for Free but you gotta pay shipping... I thought about taking them out back and using them for target practice actually.... I was so pissed at the poor fit I cant tell ya how long I fought with these things trying to get a decent fit.