MustangBobby

LED tail lights

I wish I saw this kit a few years ago when I converted my entire car to LEDs. I like the boards being used in the other locations besides the tail lights. You will certainly be glad you converted. They are very bright.

You're welcome.  Thankfully (I guess), I'm too broke to buy them right now.  One of the many pitfalls of children.  I can't wait for you to post a video of them in your car.  It should be much cooler than a tail light sitting on a table.

I think a formal review is in order.....and maybe even a video.

yeah, for sure I will write a review and I will also upload a video of the lights installed. The instructions seem fairly easy, but well see how that goes.

this is the only LED kit that's going in the car and hopefully it won't mess anything up the domelight, turn signals since they are regular bulbs, unless i have to upgrade those too then F*k my life. lol

After 1 week I did not received any status updates, so I had to call Digi-tails which they finally helped me and said they were behind schedule and they would ship out my parts today. will update when i receive the nice looking parts. 

I will say that I've bought around 50 of the 194 led bulbs until I found the right ones. Lol

I am in this process as well.  Care to post up the ones you've found that work well?  The front and rear markers are pretty limitied in depth, so those bulb selections get reduced drastically. I can tell you the 5630 SMD type has the highest lumen output, with 5050 a close second. 

I have the following on the way for my rear markers:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/271190577202?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So...maybe we can do a LED tail light roundup? We have digitalis and vintage LED. Wasn't there a third? Things to cover....workmanship, design, warranty, number of LEDs per side, brightness, list the different display modes and price. Pictures (we have some already) and videos should follow.

I put in the mustangproject.com set:

http://www.mustangproject.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=be87a4fb-1160-45af-a1f5-b6377578678b

So far I am very happy with them.  The car is still not ready for driving yet (paint soon!) but I have put these in and checked them out. I can report out, post videos etc.

I also have mustangprojects sequential hood scoop blinker set, but have not installed that yet....

yeah, that sounds like a good idea Raven, Once I receive the car back from the paint shop ill do the install/video. It seems mine will be the most complicated one since everyone is plug and play, I do also have another LED set that I bought from Speedway Motors. 

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/1969-Mustang-LED-Tail-Stop-Lights,38429.html

Specs:

• 54 Super Bright LEDS
  • Polycarbonate Lens
  • Epoxy Coated, Fully Sealed Electronics, 1157 Plug
  • Solid State Circuit Boards Designed for 7.7 - 14.0 VDC

I put in the mustangproject.com set:

http://www.mustangproject.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=be87a4fb-1160-45af-a1f5-b6377578678b

So far I am very happy with them.  The car is still not ready for driving yet (paint soon!) but I have put these in and checked them out. I can report out, post videos etc.

I also have mustangprojects sequential hood scoop blinker set, but have not installed that yet....

let me know how it goes with those LED hood scoop blinker set are, is it priced for the pair?

let me know how it goes with those LED hood scoop blinker set are, is it priced for the pair?

I have the the LED tails and hoodscoop. You'll be very happy with all of it. The hood blinkers stand out much better than original, just a cool feature that most don't have. I get a lot of compliments on them.

I have the the LED tails and hoodscoop. You'll be very happy with all of it. The hood blinkers stand out much better than original, just a cool feature that most don't have. I get a lot of compliments on them.

nice any chance you can post a video of your LED conversion?