MustangBobby

LED tail lights

OK, So I have been following this for a while and I too am considering the LED idea. Do they make a set for the whole car? Tails, markers and front signals? I find the front signal lights on the 69 are very hard for people to see.

OK, So I have been following this for a while and I too am considering the LED idea. Do they make a set for the whole car? Tails, markers and front signals? I find the front signal lights on the 69 are very hard for people to see.

Vintage LEDs makes rear taillights, reverse lights and also the two parking lights that hang from the front bumper, i believe the side markers ones are not included but you can go to your local parts store/site and they should have a wide selection of LEDS Bulbs u can purchase.

Hello;

This is Gary from Vintage LEDs.  If you have any questions about LED lights for your mustang please feel free to contact me at:

mail@vintageleds.com

Thank you;

Gary

Hi Gary,

Welcome! If I'm going LED for safety and spending a great deal of cash to replace a $00.45 bulb , I'm going for the brightest and the best(customizable features are key too). There has been A LOT of chatter about these upgrades and I think you may have the edge here. My second choice was Digi-tails but they only have 54 LED's per side vs your 120 per side.

Dave

Hello Dave;

Here is just how dim the old tail lights are.  During development, I tested the 65 lights with the 1157 bulb according to today's DOT specifications .  On center the max light reading was 9 candela on center.  The minimum spec for a brake light on a modern car is 80 candela.  So the old mustang is 9x under the minimum.  When I tested the 65 and 67 lights with my LEDs, they were between 135 and 165 candela on center.  Sorry I did not have the opportunity to test the 69/70 lights.  However they do have the same number of LEDs as the 67/68 lights.

Additionally I use wide beam angle (120deg) LEDs.  This way you don't get hot spots in the lens and the light emitted from the tails covers a wider area.

The same goes for the front park/turn light, wider field of view.

Thank you

Gary

Thanks for doing all the research on the LED light topic.  I have been thinking as well as many on this site about upgrading for safety for years.  After reading everything I'll be going with Gary's setup as soon as my car is closer to back on the road.  RWCStang why was your car in the body shop?  Did you have someone hit it?  Your picture looks like it is flawless and I love the wheels and stance.

Thanks for doing all the research on the LED light topic.  I have been thinking as well as many on this site about upgrading for safety for years.  After reading everything I'll be going with Gary's setup as soon as my car is closer to back on the road.  RWCStang why was your car in the body shop?  Did you have someone hit it?  Your picture looks like it is flawless and I love the wheels and stance.

car was hit at a shop, customers backed in to my qtr panel. Had to go through this whole b.s with the guys insurance because their contracted body shops said they couldn't blend the paint since i had no color code, so had no other choice but to repaint, I went with ford's Ingot silver in the end. Thank you for the compliments, i wanted a different look for this coupe since I rarely see them get praised since everyone wants a fastback. I still have alot to do, right now im going to work on timing/tuning and also fixing the windows so they are aligned properly.

I received my LED package kit from Gary on Friday. I installed the tail-lights and parking lights, haven't installed the reverse lights yet but I will next week. but so far, they are really bright in the day especially at night. I like how Gary pre-sets the boards so its ready to go unless you want to change the functionality but I decided to keep it the way it is. The install was quick and easy, only thing you would probably have to due with find a ground for the LED Flasher. The sequential lights are awesome, overall 10/10 in this kit. I will be selling my digi-tails setup along with a generic LED 1157 kit that i bought from Speedway motors (the board are molded into the tail lights lens). if anyone is interested in either of the two, please pm me. 

car was hit at a shop, customers backed in to my qtr panel. Had to go through this whole b.s with the guys insurance because their contracted body shops said they couldn't blend the paint since i had no color code, so had no other choice but to repaint, I went with ford's Ingot silver in the end. Thank you for the compliments, i wanted a different look for this coupe since I rarely see them get praised since everyone wants a fastback. I still have alot to do, right now im going to work on timing/tuning and also fixing the windows so they are aligned properly.

I received my LED package kit from Gary on Friday. I installed the tail-lights and parking lights, haven't installed the reverse lights yet but I will next week. but so far, they are really bright in the day especially at night. I like how Gary pre-sets the boards so its ready to go unless you want to change the functionality but I decided to keep it the way it is. The install was quick and easy, only thing you would probably have to due with find a ground for the LED Flasher. The sequential lights are awesome, overall 10/10 in this kit. I will be selling my digi-tails setup along with a generic LED 1157 kit that i bought from Speedway motors (the board are molded into the tail lights lens). if anyone is interested in either of the two, please pm me.

So, nice to know you had both tail light setups now. I waiting to hear if Gary is offering our community a limited time discount. That will be an automatic no brainer then!

Dave

Hello

I am going to offer 10% off on 69 and 70 LED lights from May 16th to May 31st.

If you are interested, just send me an e-mail at: 

mail@vintageleds.com

or go to the web site

www.vintageleds.com

I will need the following:

Name

Address

Light you need, Brake, Park and Reverse

Thanks

Gary

Hello

I am going to offer 10% off on 69 and 70 LED lights from May 16th to May 31st.

If you are interested, just send me an e-mail at: 

mail@vintageleds.com

or go to the web site

www.vintageleds.com

I will need the following:

Name

Address

Light you need, Brake, Park and Reverse

Thanks

Gary

Ordering me a set!

Nope, the boards are sealed with silicone conformal coating., paint would not stick.

I believe the lights will look fine with the white boards.  You lenses will just look brighter red with the white background.

If you don't like the lights, you have 30 days to return them for a refund.

Here is a side by side on a 64.5 with my white boars on the left and standard bulbs on the rights.  You can see how the white board make the lens look new compared to the bulb side.

Thank you

Gary