MustangBobby

LED tail lights

I have been following this company for years after we installed a set of the LED lights on a Camaro we were building.  I was actually contemplating grafting in a Camaro tail light panel into my Mustang just to get these lights.   These are the coolest LED sequential tail lights I have ever seen.  I called them a couple years ago and they said they were working on tail lights for the 69-70 Mustangs.  I thought they gave up on it because it had been so long.  Good things come to those who wait, because now they are finally out, and I don't have to cut up my tail light panel.  Click on the video tab under the pictures.  Check the videos to the other cars also.  They are all awesome.

https://digi-tails.com/1969-ford-mustang-led-tail-light-panels

As an alternative, I've had these sequential LED lights on my car for well over a year now:

http://www.mustangproject.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=4b22eb3c-1505-4fc2-8209-2734f257fb46

Fantastic product, very bright lights, very easy to install.  Just put them in the old bulb sockets, and change the flasher to the one that comes in the kit.

As an alternative, I've had these sequential LED lights on my car for well over a year now:

http://www.mustangproject.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=4b22eb3c-1505-4fc2-8209-2734f257fb46

Fantastic product, very bright lights, very easy to install.  Just put them in the old bulb sockets, and change the flasher to the one that comes in the kit.

Those are nice, but they are like every other sequential light on the market... blink...blink...blink...off.  The digi tails actually have each column of LEDs a fraction delay of each other so you get a wave effect.  It waves on from inside to outside, and then it waves off from inside to outside.  If you pause the video at the right time, you can see the different columns lit up.   The easiest way to see what I mean is to watch the 69-70 Charger video.  Those tail lights are so long it is easy to see.  I hope they eventually make them for the Shelby/Cougar/T-bird lights. Those would look pretty cool with how long they are.  I think for the extra $30 it is well worth the coolness factor.  That being said, I think any upgrade from stock, when it comes to tail lights, is a huge improvement.

I called digi-tails. Each side has 54 bulbs and each bulb has 3 LED's. There is a switch on the circuit board to go from standard turn signal to the 2014 sequential style. If you ask them, they will omit the switch so you can add your own switch and mount it in the tail light housing. This will make it easier to switch between the 2 signaling styles. I will also post their videos as so as they email them to me.

Dave

Nice to see you can swap between standard and sequential. I have been  running the standard mustang project LEDs for a few years now with no issues but the digi-tails sure look cool . 

I really like this kit!

The manufacturer says: "An electronic LED flasher is highly recommended for use with DIGI-TAILS Digital Tail Lights, but may not be necessary."

Raven, any comments on this? Do one need to order it separately then? When they say "flasher", does that mean the module that goes under the dash?

Thanks for your feedback. I am super close to pull the trigger on this!!

G

Yes, the flasher module under the dash is what they are referring to. Now remember,! You can request them to leave the selector switch off of the circuit board , then you can drill a small hole in an inconspicuous spot on the tail light bucket to mount that switch. I should be picking them up in a few weeks.

I have these http://www.vintageleds.com/home.html  quality made, sealed water proof boards and work well.   Reason for replacing, having fear that stock lights in day light are not very brite

That's my reason for going with a LED upgrade.. That original bulb does nothing. But the sequential signal option is a bonus.

I finally ordered the whole deal from Vintage LEDs: tail lights, back-up lights and park/turn indicators. Got the parts yesterday but will have to wait for a couple months before I can actually put them on the car. They sure look very nice!

I too am concerned about efficient stop lights now. I would even consider putting laser in there. Or even a pair of 30 mm GAU-8...

I too am concerned about efficient stop lights now. I would even consider putting laser in there. Or even a pair of 30 mm GAU-8...

I was actually thinking of mounting sharks with lasers mounted on their heads. FYI...Probably gonna go with cookie cutter sharks.

PS: post some pics of the parts.