Raven R code

Tach car with seat belt warning light

asked about this once before but hit a road block. My marti report says my car has deluxe seatbelt/warning light. There is a hole above the wiper and ignition(centered above). Is this light the same as these?: http://www.cjponyparts.com/control-panel-warning-light-bezels-and-lenses-1967-1968/p/HW718/

I have heard this is a rare option but not sure how the light is supposed to function. I have what I believe is the light socket intact. Is this light supposed to come on when the car starts and just go off after a few seconds? I don't see any other connection to the seat belts themselves. I would test more but the harness is out of the car. Any pictures would be helpful.

Dave

Here you go - mine has the same option.

Can't comment on the operation as I've never seen either light up, and am not even going to try to sort it out...

DSCN0061.jpg

DSCN0063.jpg

Well, a good friend of the family owns a company that screen prints dial and instruments for aviation and a few other industries. If you could get me exact dimensions and some pictures, I will see about getting a bunch made up. But I need to get the specs or a replacement for the lens holder that fits into the dash. I was wondering if the '67/'68 holder would work.

Dave

Dave,

I can pick up a pack of the earlier lights the next time I'm at NPD. Here's the BELTS light on mine, which is now just blank red. The second I touched it with a towel the lettering came off. I don't know of any way to get it back, though there is a faint ridge on it. 

photo3_zps1d0feca7.jpg

That sucks that the letters wiped off after all this time. So, if you do pick up a pack and they fit, I would gladly buy one off you and take to the instrument guy I know to see about getting the red lens and the lettering done on it.

Dave

So....I managed to find a brand new "belts" chrome bezel. The only problem is I'm not sure how to install it....or which bulb socket is the correct one. I do have an elongated socket that is red at the bottom with a green and violet(purple) wire and a black socket with a single black wire with a yellow stripe. Looking at the bezel, it doesn't appear to have any way to install without glueing in.

Thanks,

Dave

After a little research it appears the black socket with the black w/ yellow striped wire goes to the ignition switch. So that leave the deep socket with the red base. The only problem is it doesn't seem to fix in the hole correctly. I can actually push it thru the dash hole . How does it stay in the hole, that is the question.

???

I have one that I pulled from my mach recently that I took pics of for you.  If you need any others let me know.  There is a small notch on the back of the bezel, which should be replicated in the dash hole.  That keeps the alignment of the light and prevents it from spinning. There are also the fingers that you see, which when you push the bezel through the dash those fingers that get compressed when going through the hole then expand and prevent the bezel from separating from the dash. Hope this makes sense. I also took a pic of the relay, which mounts to the turn signal relay stack.  The power bullet connector connects to the accessory 3-bullet wire on the fuse box.

20191028_210139.thumb.jpg.4bf51447210d726b95f9178850c7ab61.jpg

20191028_210127.thumb.jpg.0b63e2025f7a4ba326bf820cb21a6dd8.jpg

20191028_210107.thumb.jpg.c78a1ea1a731edcca7bb43c7654af1b8.jpg